The Crush House

The Crush House

View Stats:
Custom Characters
It would be great to have an ability to customise the characteres for the show. That would give the game practically infinite replayability. Or at least have a bigger pool of premade characters, because as for me, 12 characters is not enough at all. What do u guys think: is it possible or am I being delusional?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Grug 27 Jul @ 12:58pm 
All the dialogue they wrote is specific to the backstories and personalities of each character, and certain gameplay mechanics rely on the specific characters too (like Suburban Moms loving Emile over all others because he's French). Custom characters mean the dialogue has to get way more bland, which would be a chore to listen to in a game about watching them closely.
Originally posted by Grug:
All the dialogue they wrote is specific to the backstories and personalities of each character, and certain gameplay mechanics rely on the specific characters too (like Suburban Moms loving Emile over all others because he's French). Custom characters mean the dialogue has to get way more bland, which would be a chore to listen to in a game about watching them closely.

I second that. I think in this case - less is more.
Quality writing and plots wins over generic customization. Otherwise we would have something closer to the sims- not very enticing 'blah blah'

That said im all in for optional customization. Make visual customization a thing, a dlc, a bonus for new game+

And or expose the ropes for players modding- that way we could also have new characters properly written (modders can do insane stuff).

Btw... heck i just realized modding would do wonders for this game- people could be making some favorites (or funny) people from actual reality shows into the game, or heck even nods to fictional characters as well. Modding can go a looong way into making a game popular, increase long tail sales etc etc... Heck just look at bethesda.
nicole  [developer] 7 Aug @ 5:53am 
Thanks for all this feedback! We'll keep it in mind post-release :)
Boog 9 Aug @ 11:13pm 
I'd love more characters, but I like the level of writing we've got atm over more generic character options. Could be fun as a post-game sorta option, but otherwise I'd like to keep the writing in top shape instead.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50