Unrecord

Unrecord

Meme games
I've got a sneaking feeling (actually it's a strong feeling) that this will be The Day Before all over again. This supposed game, and its many supposedly in-development clones that have recently emerged, seem to be part of a trend. Remember that the goal of meme games is simply to get on as many wishlists as possible. What I think they're doing is putting together a couple minutes of "sick" footage and then spreading it online to get attention before, at some point, cashing in by asking for support from the fans and disappearing. Other scammers seem to have picked up on the concept, hence the recent uptick in games just like Unrecord being "teased" and shilled online. I can't remember their names tho, since they all look the same and all have a couple of minutes of footage and an open-ended timeline of supposed """development""".
Anyway, y'all have been warned.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
The legitimately have a closed play test going on right now, and is going to be officially purchasable in EA next week on the 7th. At least that's what they are saying.
Originally posted by Diabetes with 3 Big Macs:
The legitimately have a closed play test going on right now, and is going to be officially purchasable in EA next week on the 7th. At least that's what they are saying.

Wrong game bro... You are thinking about Bodycam which is PVP, this is a single player game made by someone completely different.
BDK 4 Jun @ 3:58am 
Yeah Bodycam is another game that looks suspiciously the same as this one. It's multiplayer only as far as I'm aware, so Unrecord still has the edge in my mind, being singleplayer and all. But still, it's something to think about. I thought this game was the first and only of it's kind, guess not.
There's a reason videogames have a lot of people working on them. Expect more of these asset flip "games" with only one or two devs in the entire company.
Last edited by Tagemandbagem; 7 Jun @ 11:27am
Well yes, lots of people have feelings... basically everyone does. Thats why we use things called facts and logic to figure these things out instead. What proof do you have that they are trying to do what you say?

Little tip for you. Maybe if you stop involving yourself in things like "shills" and "scams" and stop thinking along those lines, then maybe you'll find gaming to be a much more enjoyable hobby. Right? Cause that sounds alot better then going out of your way to ruin games for yourself.
Originally posted by CrunchyDaz:
stop involving yourself in things like "shills" and "scams" and stop thinking along those lines
Thanks but nah. Doesn't get in the way of me enjoying good, *real* games at all. It only gets in the way of me buying into hype trains or preordering a video game (paying for thing before having thing), which is right where I want to be. Works very well for me.
Always be wary of any EA title, especially given the current economic environment. It's worth waiting and letting other people test it for you, so you don't waste money. The whole Fear of Missing Out phenomenon has seriously damaged Early Access.

We need another 1980's style gaming market crash. I would gladly welcome scorched earth in the gaming market, as most EA Titles in the past 3 years have been major disappointments.
Haze 28 Jun @ 4:09pm 
Balls
Originally posted by TopPerson:
I've got a sneaking feeling (actually it's a strong feeling) that this will be The Day Before all over again. This supposed game, and its many supposedly in-development clones that have recently emerged, seem to be part of a trend. Remember that the goal of meme games is simply to get on as many wishlists as possible. What I think they're doing is putting together a couple minutes of "sick" footage and then spreading it online to get attention before, at some point, cashing in by asking for support from the fans and disappearing. Other scammers seem to have picked up on the concept, hence the recent uptick in games just like Unrecord being "teased" and shilled online. I can't remember their names tho, since they all look the same and all have a couple of minutes of footage and an open-ended timeline of supposed """development""".

/sigh ..... Thanks lil fella. Any other completely asinine gen z takes ?
Zebra 14 Jul @ 4:30pm 
Originally posted by MadMike0082:

What does any of that have to do with gen z...? And being cautious about games like these is always a good idea, especially after that whole The Day Before spectacle.
Originally posted by MadMike0082:

People who talk to people via text online in a manner similar to real life (i.e. pretending like they can see them) really are a special breed of goof. Just listen yourself; "gen Z," "lil fella" lmao. I mean what am I even supposed to respond to this? I can say you wouldn't be saying these dumb things if we were face to face, but then you can just shoot that down in a million ways cause you know we'll never meet. That's really convenient for you and your goofy takes. It's not even Facebook - you're on a pretty much anonymous forum, yet you talk to me as if you see me. Not only does this signify that you should touch grass but it also makes me think you're lacking in the IQ dep.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50