Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

J_Papa 23 Nov, 2013 @ 4:57pm
Can't unlock pistol swords
Anyone else finish all assassinations and the pistol swords were still locked? My progress tracker says 100% of assassinations are complete, but I still can't unlock the swords on Edward's upgrade menu. Any ideas for a workaround?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
BSM 23 Nov, 2013 @ 5:09pm 
I really don't have an answer for you, I'm only curious because I'm attempting to get them too, but are they only unlocked after a certain amount of story progression?
J_Papa 23 Nov, 2013 @ 5:49pm 
You have to finish all assassination contracts. Just the land ones for the pistol swords, not naval contracts.
glowpiPe 23 Nov, 2013 @ 5:57pm 
equip them from a store or inside the ship ?
Dont think you can from inside the upgrade menu
Last edited by glowpiPe; 23 Nov, 2013 @ 5:57pm
J_Papa 23 Nov, 2013 @ 6:42pm 
They aren't in the stores, just in the main menu under Edward Upgrades or in the captain's cabin where you change equipment. They aren't unlocked when I try from both places, says complete all assassinations to unlock.
BSM 23 Nov, 2013 @ 9:46pm 
I just unlocked them, but I didn't run into the issue you're having. Good luck though.
LordOfBunnys 13 Jan, 2014 @ 4:53pm 
Did you ever fix this? I have the same problem
J_Papa 13 Jan, 2014 @ 5:42pm 
Well it was never fixed before I beat the game, but out of curiosity after seeing your comment I updated uPlay and booted up good 'ol AC4. Went to the captain's cabin and... nope, I still can't get them. I think its safe to say this bug will not be fixed unless you restart your game and be very careful on not failing assassination missions.
i just finished the contracts and then went a shop to equip the pistol swords, and it worked just fine
Wumba 13 Aug @ 4:18pm 
Originally posted by Bllankll:
i just finished the contracts and then went a shop to equip the pistol swords, and it worked just fine

Maybe they fixed it in the 10 years since this thread was posted :cfacepalm:
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50