Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies

Sid Meier's Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies

View Stats:
VirgoCompany 23 Nov, 2020 @ 4:41pm
Hypothetical Ace Patrol: Europe WWII campaigns.
I wouldn't be opposed to having a WWII Europe version of this game, taking place in both the western and eastern fronts of Europe and some of North Africa.

We could have a Commonwealth campaign against the Germans during the Battle of Britain, French campaign facing off against Italian and German planes in North Africa, Italian campaign in North Africa against the French and British, early-war German planes facing off the French and UK over France and ending with the Blitz, mid-war Germany flying over the USSR, late-war tech planes facing off against the US and UK over France and Belgium, and a Soviet campaign that can cover quite a few years.

Would be nice having more than just four planes per nation, especially with such a wide timeframe. I mean come on, the WWI game had like 7 planes per nation available over the course of 2 years, while Pacific Skies only gives us a meager FOUR planes for each of the 4 factions, or 8 planes for the two nations split in half, all in the spread of 3-4 years.

As for the planes...

~Commonwealth: Glostor Gladiator, Hawker Hurricane, two kinds of Supermarine Spitfire split between machineguns-only and the one armed with cannons, De Haviland Mosquito, Bristol Beaufighter, Hawker Tempest, Hawker Typhoon, and Glostor Meteor. That's 9 planes all for the Commonwealth faction, 8 if the Spitfire variants are counted as a single plane.

~France: I honestly don't know the names of any French planes, but they DID have an airforce in use at the start of the war. Even if they don't have that many fighters, they could still make do with borrowed British and American stuff, afterall the Americans in the WWI game had some French and British planes themselves so it can be done here as well.

~Italy: Cr. 42 Falco and MC.202 are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head, at least for fighters. They had more but if even those aren't enough, they can probably make do with a couple Romanian and early German planes to fill the gaps.

~Soviets: I-16 Ishak, LaGG-3, Yak-3, Yak-9, Pe-3, MiG-3, La-5n, Lend-Lease P-39 Airacobra, Lend-Lease Hawker Hurricane, B-1 rocket plane, MiG-9. That's 9 planes for the Soviets, with two lend-lease options available if the rocket and/or one of the Yak planes just isn't put in.

~USA: Shouldn't be too hard, we already have a P-40, P-38, P-39, and P-47 right off the bat, but we do need to at least include the iconic P-51 Mustang, and an optional plane being the P-80 jet for late/endgame. So if we don't include any Navy planes, that brings us at least 6 American Army Air Corps planes.

~Germany: Bf-109 E/F/and G variants, Fw-190 A and D variants, Ta-152, Bf-110c, Ar-196, Me-262, Do.17, Me-410... Even discounting variant numbers we still get 8 different unique fighter planes.

And of course the collection of ai-controlled objective planes like transports, observation planes, and bombers.

What do you lot think?
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Sinjen Blackstar 6 Dec, 2020 @ 7:39am 
Great Idea
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50