Starstruck Vagabond

Starstruck Vagabond

View Stats:
(SPOILERS) Question about the post-game
So I rebooted the galaxy by sitting in the cryo-pod, but beyond some exposition pdas from my former crewmates it looks like theres basically no questing beyond that. Am I missing something? Since there is an achievement to reboot the galaxy twice I can only assume there is something you need to do, but haven't been able to figure out what it is yet.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
The only thing I can think of is that you have to find the person who took your original ship.
Or maybe Green out every sector, which you can't do atm as the Egg-Ships aren't spawning.

There must be some needle hidden in that haystack. But because of the aforementioned Egg-sec glitch I've ditched it for now.

In the end it might just be a diagetic "Hard Mode" of sorts.
Ted 4 Jun @ 7:19pm 
I was wondering this too.
psyduck 5 Jun @ 12:04am 
For the "reboot the galaxy twice" achievement you need to install a cryo-pod on your ship.
It cost 200,000 and 4 upgrade units, also I only saw this upgrade after I upgraded my cargo bay to max size, so it might be a requirement for it to appear.
Aw dang, thanks for the intel!
Though I checked my post-game save, and there's no Cryo-pod yet.
I have a full-sized Cargo Bay, but there's a bunch more modules I still need to add (don't even have Crew Quarters) so it could still be tied to Ship Upgrades.
Last edited by Lyns_Lawliet; 5 Jun @ 2:58am
psyduck 5 Jun @ 4:33am 
Originally posted by Lyns_Lawliet:
I have a full-sized Cargo Bay, but there's a bunch more modules I still need to add (don't even have Crew Quarters) so it could still be tied to Ship Upgrades.

I had a Crew Quarters, 2 ship modules and one fuel tank upgrade in addition to my maxed cargo bay, so it's possible you just need more upgrades for the Cryo-pod to unlock.

Its also might be related to the egg shrine I found and looted on one of the uninhabited planets. It was the shrine from the tutorial, and when I stole the mundanium from it I got the same alien message from the tutorial. I thought that will start a new quest line but nothing happened after it.
Maybe it unlocked the Cryo-pod and I only noticed it after my cargo bay upgrade.
Originally posted by psyduck:
Originally posted by Lyns_Lawliet:

I had a Crew Quarters, 2 ship modules and one fuel tank upgrade in addition to my maxed cargo bay, so it's possible you just need more upgrades for the Cryo-pod to unlock.

Its also might be related to the egg shrine I found and looted on one of the uninhabited planets. It was the shrine from the tutorial, and when I stole the mundanium from it I got the same alien message from the tutorial. I thought that will start a new quest line but nothing happened after it.
Maybe it unlocked the Cryo-pod and I only noticed it after my cargo bay upgrade.
That must be it, because I did try adding the Crew Quarters (I was actually gonna forgo it since it just unnecessarily elongates the ship with no crew or quests to build it for), That would have brought me neck and eck with your specs, and the Cryo Option didn't crop up.
T-Cush 5 Jun @ 10:37am 
Has anyone got any crew after resetting the galaxy? I figured since you could only get 5 in game it would make sense to get the others after you reset it. I'm just trying to figure out if I start a new game file to experience the other crew members or if I can get them any other way.
psyduck 5 Jun @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by T-Cush:
Has anyone got any crew after resetting the galaxy? I figured since you could only get 5 in game it would make sense to get the others after you reset it. I'm just trying to figure out if I start a new game file to experience the other crew members or if I can get them any other way.

I didn't get any craw member in NG+, I don't it's possible because of the complete lack of quest line.

Interestingly enough, in NG++ the quest line starts again, so it's probably possible to get craw members in NG++.

Regarding the cryo-pod ship upgrade that is needed to get from NG+ to NG++, I am now convinced that maxed cargo bay size is a requirement (even if not the only one) for it to appear. The reason is that once I bought the cryo-pod it was located to the left of the biscuit dispenser, and the there is a free space to the left of the biscuit dispenser only after maxing the cargo bay size.
Originally posted by psyduck:
Originally posted by T-Cush:

I didn't get any craw member in NG+, I don't it's possible because of the complete lack of quest line.

Interestingly enough, in NG++ the quest line starts again, so it's probably possible to get craw members in NG++.

Regarding the cryo-pod ship upgrade that is needed to get from NG+ to NG++, I am now convinced that maxed cargo bay size is a requirement (even if not the only one) for it to appear. The reason is that once I bought the cryo-pod it was located to the left of the biscuit dispenser, and the there is a free space to the left of the biscuit dispenser only after maxing the cargo bay size.

Whereabouts did you find the egg shrine? I rebooted with the same seed and went back to the starting sectors but haven't been able to find one yet
I'd guess the Shrine can only exist on a planet where Mundanium is a natural resource and you just stumble upon it in the wilderness (that's basically what happened to me), don't worry, you land on such a planet you'll know somethings amiss pretty quick.
Originally posted by Hour Of Oblivion:
Whereabouts did you find the egg shrine? I rebooted with the same seed and went back to the starting sectors but haven't been able to find one yet

Originally posted by StoneAKASeashoresWall:
I'd guess the Shrine can only exist on a planet where Mundanium is a natural resource and you just stumble upon it in the wilderness (that's basically what happened to me), don't worry, you land on such a planet you'll know somethings amiss pretty quick.

I'm hunting for the second galaxy reboot myself (it's the last achievement I need), and I just found the Shrine.

I started visiting all uncivilised planets in sectors that listed Mundanium as an export, but after checking them all, I still hadn't found the Shrine. I then decided to visit all other uncivilised planets, and eventually found the Shrine planet. So it seems Mundanium being listed as a resource may not be a requirement.

Like StoneAKASeashoreWall said it's fairly recognisable - the planet is mostly empty, so no rocks or plants.

As for the cryopod, I installed ONLY cargo bay upgrades and have just unlocked it. Now I just have to get the credits together...
Last edited by Forostar; 8 Jun @ 7:22am
I managed to find it, I went with the route of looking for systems with Mundanium Ore exports and it was there. 200k for the cryo pod is quite a bit but I ended up just running one system cargo routes until I'd gotten the money for it.
I just rebooted the galaxy and the shrine was in the same system I started in. I was on one planet and the shrine was on the only other planet in the system.
Originally posted by Captain Steve:
I just rebooted the galaxy and the shrine was in the same system I started in. I was on one planet and the shrine was on the only other planet in the system.
I just had this experience too! I had a few other planets in my starting system, but the shrine planet was right there too, second planet i went to on ng+
Lucky. I'd worked my way through half the sectors before I found the Shine planet.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50