Starstruck Vagabond

Starstruck Vagabond

View Stats:
Game crashes before it finishes launching?
I'm on Windows 11 and have tried just about everything but the game won't launch for me any more? Anyone have any tips?
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Supa 6 Jul @ 9:38pm 
I have the same problem. (One of US One of US)

But I'm on Windows 10 Home so it might not be the OS.
Are we sure it's a crash? If it is, it is unfortunately not providing a log.

The old version from Itch will launch and see saves but I uninstalled that. Reinstalling, restarting, emptying out game files from AppData, verifying file integrity via Steam, and turning off cloud saves didn't fix it.

Have you tried anything else?
Last edited by Supa; 7 Jul @ 9:35am
I've tried all of that except AppData and reinstalled C++ dlls still didn't help - the game will launch on my laptop(also windows 11 weirdly)
Supa 7 Jul @ 10:02am 
Yeah, so it's probably not the OS. This isn't my programming laptop so it's probably not the libraries but thank you for checking that. It used to work for both of us and I'm trying to play it on a tower (not that that should matter).
I'm drawing a blank on what to try next. We need more people.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
32.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Windows 10 Home - 22H2
Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19058.1000.0

Do you think it could be anti-virus autoimmune overreaction?
i turn off my anti-virus daily since I stream and OBS can be a pain with it on, so I did double-check that I hadn't turned it back on before trying - still no luck - wish we could get Yahtzee's eyes on this one lol
Supa 7 Jul @ 5:09pm 
I stream also so maybe it has something to do with ports being active or inactive after OBS or Streamlabs ran. If it were as simple as not streaming it I'd be fine with that but I don't recall seeing a "Don't Stream This" message. I think it's reasonable to put a little message like that in a game, such as in getting over it, if you don't want it streamed but I doubt Yahtzee would waste time finding a way to crash his game on purpose.

I'll try reinstalling SLOBS and see if that helps but aside from that it might involve ports or something else.

no change after reinstall.
Last edited by Supa; 7 Jul @ 6:17pm
Joined the discord and am trying some other fixes if something works i'll be sure to share here
SimuLord 10 Jul @ 1:23pm 
My desktop computer just hates the game and won't run it for more than five minutes without it crashing...but the game's rock-stable on my Steam Deck. It's just temperamental I guess.
Supa 10 Jul @ 2:15pm 
When I have time to try it on my old laptop I'm going to spin it up but I'm mid move. If I manage to try it before the 22nd I'll post again before then. I'd hope we can figure it out before then though. Either way I'll return with a report when my battle-station is up at the new place.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50