Starstruck Vagabond

Starstruck Vagabond

View Stats:
Is there a reason to salvage anything but fuel?
Topic.

After getting my refinery, I began to notice that there seems to be little cause to grab anything but fuel. It's not only useful, it sells for 140 per can or 210 for super fuel. Meanwhile almost all other salvage materials are less than 100 even when refined.

I will occasionally grab ingredients to cook for the crew, but otherwise I rarely see a reason to fill my limited space with items that generally don't earn me enough to justify the storage space.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Other than cooking, not that I'm aware of. There's no crafting mechanic and no use for the materials otherwise. (e.g. There's some reason to think Freezium was intended to be used as reactor coolant but this seems to not be implemented)

One of the comments elsewhere on the discussion forums was desire for more diversity in sector jobs. I feel a "Collect X resources" mission would be a good candidate for that. Gather or refine 5 Pure Slipsum and sell it to the trading post, etc.
Derelicts tend to have all the stuff you can get in a system, so it does make them kinda useful for grabbing the items for the endgame collection quest, but other than that, you're right on the nose in that refined fuel is the best sellable item for cash in the game and fetches the same high price in every system so there's no reason to sell anything else.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50