Starstruck Vagabond

Starstruck Vagabond

View Stats:
Crash entering building (with solution)
So like a few others I finally encountered a game-crashing bug. I was at the part of the main story where I had to visit an Oniris Venture office, but upon entering the building the game would barf up the below error message;

of Draw Event
for object obj_building:

Unable to find any instance for object index '100242'
at gml_Object_obj_building_Draw_0
#############################################
gml_Object_obj_building_Draw_0 (line -1)

After some digging and thinking I realized this is because I had never before entered an Oiniris building, and the very first time you enter you get a cutscene where you are introduced to the planet surveying side missions.

My conclusion is the crash occurs because more than one game event tries to trigger simultaneously.

The solution, therefore, is to find a way to trigger them separately. In this case, it was simply a matter of visiting an Oiniris office in a different star system (e.g. NOT the specific one required by the story) to trigger the planet surveying cutscene, which then resolved the conflict with the story cutscene trigger.

So if you are getting crashes like the one above consider what trigger conflicts there might be and see if you can finagle something!