Starstruck Vagabond

Starstruck Vagabond

View Stats:
Aliens, or lack there of.
So, I realised something, we don't really ever see aliens in the day-to-day of our journey (as in, package deliveries, workers at shops, distress calls). With the non-human crew that usually makes sense, due to their origins, but there's really no reason for Dripberg to be the only member of his species ever seen.
And everyone else you see (except human companions) is probably a human who's been to the hairdresser.
I bet I know the reason: its easier to have the two models for everyone. But it does strike me as a bit odd when I think about it on my long journey to 100% a galaxy. I guess you could imagine every Dripberg's species person you meet are during the Red Weed Distress Calls.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Taolan 13 Jul @ 6:48pm 
One way to add some alien-ness to it would be to do a Star Trek.

Create "hairstyles" that aren't accessible to the player but serve to combine with certain colors of skin to make a fully non-human character in appearance to the player.

I am calling this "do a star trek" because vast majority of Star Trek's "aliens" are just humans with weird colored skin and fancy hair styles, which we kind of already have I just think digging into it is a good idea
Last edited by Taolan; 13 Jul @ 6:51pm
Sojiro 17 Jul @ 9:55am 
Yeah, it's a bit disappointing. If some of the portraits for your contacts could be aliens that'd help, for example.
I mean, I felt like basically the morphic range on this universe was just really low. In Star Trek 95% of the aliens are just humans with weird skin and some cranial abnormality. There's even a point where it's basically confirmed that most of the main races are genetically related. The fact that some of the Distress signals have GREEN people just suggests to me that Clorophyll is a possible skin type for aliens. Yeah, there's a few Dripberg's and the occasional Snake woman, but most aliens are just basically "Us but from a different planet."
Originally posted by actuatedgear:
I mean, I felt like basically the morphic range on this universe was just really low. In Star Trek 95% of the aliens are just humans with weird skin and some cranial abnormality. There's even a point where it's basically confirmed that most of the main races are genetically related. The fact that some of the Distress signals have GREEN people just suggests to me that Clorophyll is a possible skin type for aliens. Yeah, there's a few Dripberg's and the occasional Snake woman, but most aliens are just basically "Us but from a different planet."

Strange New Worlds has started fixing this with their redesign of the Gorn. Even so the only real reason Trek has such a lack of alien diversity is due to their not wanting to spend a ton of money making truly alien aliens. I agree with OP. I'd like to see a lot more diversity. It's kind of a let down, really.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50