MASSIVE CHALICE
Sequel
So personally I think this game is GREAT. Is there any chance of a sequel down the line?
< >
Показані коментарі 112 із 12
Doesn't look like it here or on their home website. I have a lot of ideas but I'm not much of a programmer. If they released tools to mod the game (which they said they wouldn't) at least we could have a fan made sequel but I don't think we're getting that either.
I would love to see a sequel OR an offshoot of this game. It's got a lot of elements of a game I've wanted to design my entire life of nearly 50 years. However, it has a number of aspects that could really be improved upon.

I have to agree that we're not going to see anything anytime soon though. I just wish other producers than DF would see the potential here as Massive Chalice is a really fresh game concept.
Great game, but there will be no direct sequel. DoubleFine has moved onto other things, and the team leads I believe are also no longer at the company.
i'd settle for a reboot personally, same story and general gameplay but with updates graphics, some additional mechanics, some more events and maps, and some bugt fixes.

having building and reserch be seperate things would be amazing tbh.
From what I've read, they have no plans to revisit this game at all. Sadly, though there are a bunch of us who love it, I think overall Double Fine considers it "just another game" in their catelog rather than a tentpole franchise.
Wich is fair, it probablly wasn't a huge financial success, and might have even just been a game made for the sake of practice rather then much else, hard to say.

Best we can really hope is that someone decides to make a spiritual successor or that someone at double fine makes it open source and gives out the codes and such so people can make their own copy / update of it.
The ending definitely made it seem like someone wanted to make a sequel. That's too bad if it isn't going to happen. This game is a masterpiece.
a good sequel would be the origin story of the Chalice itself, or something like the Heroes now being pro active instead of reactive and actually mounting an assault to the Cadence homeworld or wherever it is. Or a possibility of another Chalice existed in the Cadence realm, or even something like the reason Cadence invading the Heroes's world, be it for survival or maybe there is another Hero's world that utilising Cadence instead of Heroes.
To me the ending didn't feel like a sequel was in play, but rather hinting that every replay could be taking place in the same universe at a different time/reset/reemergence of the Cadence.
Цитата допису TamTroll:
i'd settle for a reboot personally, same story and general gameplay but with updates graphics, some additional mechanics, some more events and maps, and some bugt fixes.

having building and reserch be seperate things would be amazing tbh.

I know it's just fluff, but I loved to see Cinematics. Something like them jumping into the Chalice or out of it after battle is finished. Kind of like X-Com Two. I understand the graphics are stylised, but would love to see them upgraded, made less cartooney.
Most depressing ending to a videogame I’ve ever played.
I don't know, I mean you fight the good fight but ultimately the battle between order and chaos or good and evil is never won.

No doubt anyone who survived fighting in a world war came out of it convinced it was the war to end all wars.

But as another video game so aptly put it: War, war never changes.
< >
Показані коментарі 112 із 12
На сторінку: 1530 50