MASSIVE CHALICE

MASSIVE CHALICE

View Stats:
Alien 11 Nov, 2014 @ 1:39pm
About the mottos

The bad latin in the mottos is ridiculous. We need at least to be able to change them. I just saw "ranae vivet" and "usque ad infinitum" ad it's really immersion-breaking for me. And I don't understand why it's in latin anyway (if we can call this latin... "vivet" means "the frogs shall live", I doubt it was the intention of the person that wrote it, and "vivet" is a singular while ranae is plural. And "usque ad infinitum is simply not correct. It should be "ad infinitum"). I guess there are others like that.

The best would be to allow us to have access to a customizer of some sort. Or maybe it's possible to mod it? Or just correct the wrong ones?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Smiles 11 Nov, 2014 @ 2:04pm 
All of that data is submitted by Backers. I think there are plans to unlock some of the bloodline configuration stuff, but I am not sure if editing existing bloodlines like that will be part of the game.
Alien 11 Nov, 2014 @ 3:50pm 
Thanks for the answer. I'm also a backer, but I didn't wish to design a bloodline.
It's great that they decided to give this opportunity to the backers, but I don't think that the other players should need to play with other people's creations. I just saw this motto that says "AAAAAAAAHH". That's a funny motto, but what if I prefer to keep a serious tone in my game?

Also, I made a mistake: it's not "usque ad infinitum" but "usque ad ultimum". That doesn't change the point though.
zdesert 11 Nov, 2014 @ 6:40pm 
you can choose at the start to use thematic, un-thematic or mixed bloodlines.

you will still get some bad latin in thematic but on the whole it is fine (i dont breed the bloodlines i dont like anyway). AHHHH! is probubly not a house motto, it is likely the house war-cry.

the war-cry is what pops up above their head in battle after they kill a cadence.

the motto is underneath the keep name on the keep menu
Alien 12 Nov, 2014 @ 2:31am 
AAAAAAAH is from a thematic bloodline.
And indeed I mixed up the mottos and war-cries, sorry. I'm talking here about the warcries.

sovereignspatz 12 Nov, 2014 @ 9:59am 
That was actually my warcry if it was House Wicker lol and when I decided it I thought What would I do if I had just smashed a monsters face in with a caber, and the answer was probably just scream at it.
Burn 13 Nov, 2014 @ 12:38am 
Was a nice surprise to see my caberer say "a wolf never surrenders" when he killed a monster ... on his banner there's a big Wolf :)
Last edited by Burn; 13 Nov, 2014 @ 12:39am
KestrelPi 13 Nov, 2014 @ 2:44am 
Yeah, they were talking about this on some video was watching, it seems like some of these could use another proofreading pass. That said, I've played a lot of the game now, and there aren't so many thematic ones that I'd like to see changed. They did a pretty decent job of sorting them out.
GloomyDevil 19 Sep, 2023 @ 11:21pm 
Literally chose thematic and got "Mr. Pancakes" as a title. They should really fix this.
easytarget 20 Sep, 2023 @ 7:59pm 
I'm betting they're not likely to get right on that.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50