Gray Zone Warfare

Gray Zone Warfare

This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
DDG_MFG  [developer] 20 Jun @ 11:32am
Join The Steam GZW Moderation Team!
Hello everyone,

With our player base continuously expanding, we seek active members to help maintain a healthy and friendly community.

As a moderator for Gray Zone Warfare, you will oversee discussions, ensure they follow our guidelines, and intervene when necessary to lock or remove problematic content.

Join our Mod Team and contribute to the growth and well-being of our wonderful community

If you are interested in applying please fill out this form https://forms.gle/tqrusQWKp119RdYn8
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Legion® 20 Jun @ 11:53am 
I see the priorities are in order.
DDG_MFG  [developer] 20 Jun @ 11:57am 
Originally posted by Legion®:
I see the priorities are in order.

?
nobody other than the team has access to fill out the form so we cant apply
DDG_MFG  [developer] 20 Jun @ 12:54pm 
Originally posted by gunnylepine:
nobody other than the team has access to fill out the form so we cant apply

Fixed sorry about that
Nibblekins 20 Jun @ 12:57pm 
What is considered "problematic content"? Because most stuff i see is people voicing concerns with lack of real communication on here, or lack of actual game improvement, which in turns brings out a ton of white knights that just talk down to the OP or anyone that agrees with the criticism. So some actual insight to what you deem "problematic content" would be nice. But your team seem to love to be vague, so doubt you will really clean this up until it bites you in the bum.
DDG_MFG  [developer] 20 Jun @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by Nibblekins:
What is considered "problematic content"? Because most stuff i see is people voicing concerns with lack of real communication on here, or lack of actual game improvement, which in turns brings out a ton of white knights that just talk down to the OP or anyone that agrees with the criticism. So some actual insight to what you deem "problematic content" would be nice. But your team seem to love to be vague, so doubt you will really clean this up until it bites you in the bum.

"Problematic Content" As in phishing attempts, links to cheat sites, etc - As for communication we are posting a Q&A this week and Roadmap will be coming soon along with another community briefing
Link works and thank you for fixing it
DDG_MFG  [developer] 20 Jun @ 1:32pm 
Originally posted by gunnylepine:
Link works and thank you for fixing it

No worries its always that one little setting you miss
Originally posted by DDG_MFG:

"Problematic Content" As in phishing attempts, links to cheat sites, etc - As for communication we are posting a Q&A this week and Roadmap will be coming soon along with another community briefing
Thanks for the reply, and sounds good, just hope people don't let power go to their head.
Legion® 20 Jun @ 2:04pm 

Thanks for the reply, and sounds good, just hope people don't let power go to their head.

This is steam forums man, it's not like they can really do anything anywhere but here. Kind of a worthless feat.

Moderators aren't infallible. The dev team can and does override moderator decisions. I imagine, if they have to override someone several times, they'll be second guessing their decision to bring that person on.

As a moderator for other discussion areas, it's definitely not all fun and rainbows. That's why it's good to have at least two or three other mods so that if one mod is having a bad day, they can step back and let another make a decision without being biased.

They'll also need to be prescient to when they speak as a moderator and when they speak as a user. A lot of people are afraid to have a discussion with an "orange" name for fear of retribution if they say disagree with them. An orange name need to always speak as a user until they need to step in as a mod. I've seen them use their position in a threatening manner and that's not good.

In the end, I trust the team to select a few who have shown the ability to be level headed and civil. There are many of us here who fall under those two categories and a great many who don't.

The main thing to remember is that people who volunteer fro the position are people too. They're allowed to voice their opinions and play the game. It's a thankless job that puts a target on their backs because other users are quick to paint them with the same brush as the devs when they disagree with the direction of the game.
Legion® 23 Jun @ 6:46am 
Now days most people doing these types of things are just people with inflated ego's, obsessed with "status", and narcissism in my experience.
FrAsS 24 Jun @ 9:19am 
With our player base continuously expanding ???? heuh No Continuously leaving you wanna mean !!
Originally posted by Jonathan J. O'Neill:

Moderators aren't infallible. The dev team can and does override moderator decisions. I imagine, if they have to override someone several times, they'll be second guessing their decision to bring that person on.

As a moderator for other discussion areas, it's definitely not all fun and rainbows. That's why it's good to have at least two or three other mods so that if one mod is having a bad day, they can step back and let another make a decision without being biased.

They'll also need to be prescient to when they speak as a moderator and when they speak as a user. A lot of people are afraid to have a discussion with an "orange" name for fear of retribution if they say disagree with them. An orange name need to always speak as a user until they need to step in as a mod. I've seen them use their position in a threatening manner and that's not good.

In the end, I trust the team to select a few who have shown the ability to be level headed and civil. There are many of us here who fall under those two categories and a great many who don't.

The main thing to remember is that people who volunteer fro the position are people too. They're allowed to voice their opinions and play the game. It's a thankless job that puts a target on their backs because other users are quick to paint them with the same brush as the devs when they disagree with the direction of the game.

Yeah 100 percent agree, we all have bad days and nowadays you make 1 mistake and the vultures will circle looking for your demise.

that is also why I don't want to moderate on discord or other forums because there is little benefit to doing so and more risk than anything else, I don't always think its a power trip sometimes it's because people want to contribute and help.
Hey everyone, I'm Jonathan. I've been a gamer since the mid-eighties and now enjoy PC gaming, especially ArmA 3, Borderlands, Halo, and casual games like Stardew Valley. I love reading authors like Tolkien and Crichton, and I'm a big fan of Stargate SG-1. Music-wise, I enjoy a wide range except for Rap, Techno, and Metal. I'm a disabled gamer and proud to be part of this community.

As a moderator, I aim to ensure civilized discussions. Constructive opinions are welcome, but rudeness will result in warnings and potentially bans. Be civil, and you're free to express your thoughts. Looking forward to engaging with you all!.

Know that whenever you see me speak, I will be speaking as a user unless you see me cleary state I'm speaking as a mod. So I hope you will still see me as just another user for 99% of my comments.
Last edited by Jonathan J. O'Neill; 26 Jun @ 6:25am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50