Gray Zone Warfare

Gray Zone Warfare

Tired of game crashing and losing gear??
It would be awesome if there was a way for yall to count it as a 'safely end deployment' when game crashes. 3 times ive grinded and gotten good gear just to have it crash and lose everything.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Unfortunately that's too easily exploited. People just kill the game in Task Manager or pull their internet connection and get free trip back to base.
wait im confused, dosnt the game already detect a crash and keeps your stuff? ive crashed many times and never lost my gear.
Originally posted by BannerMan:
wait im confused, dosnt the game already detect a crash and keeps your stuff? ive crashed many times and never lost my gear.

Not always. There's a good chance you return with your gear but it's not 100% guaranteed. In my experience, you don't lose your gear in a crash unless you come back and receive a "Player Persistence Error" as wells. And that usually seems to happen when you're in a coma or something where you're trying to cheat the system in order to lose gear. Not always, though.
Check your pc settings. I havent crashed since day 1. Maybe your PC just cant handle the game yet. After the most recent update things have been even more smooth and polished
The only time I lose my gear if it crashes is if I am going for my body with gear on it. The last time I crashed was in Midnight Sapphire. I actually logged back into the same villa I was in for the computer crash.
Originally posted by BannerMan:

Most of my crashes keep my gear as well but there is one crash that states something like "cannot verify player data" or something and thats the one I lose it all
What is the crash - That way you wont lose any gear, other than deaths ofc :)
99% of the Time right now you won't lose your stuff if you don't try to cheat the system with killing exe or taking off the internet. I crashed like 1-2 times since the beginning but never lost my gear. This game runs the best on an AMD combo in my opinion. I got an 7800x3d+7900XTX, high fps and no problems at all. Friend got an 5800x3d+7800XT, high FPS and no crashes at all.
Also crashed a bunch of times and never lost my gear. Sounds like the OP is probably trying to abuse it while in a coma or was killed by AI or players after they crashed but were still in the world. Nobody else seems to have this issue.
Ares 9 Jul @ 2:49pm 
I've crashed, since the rollback of Hotfix 5.2, more than in the 240 hours before combined, straight to desktop, network crash or whatever.
At first, logging back in and seeing my character with full gear in main menu, meant spawning back into your body but that doesn't always seem to be the case after all, especially when the game takes longer to start up, being it a queued position or just longer loading time, usually meant spawning back at Base Camp with only a knife.
Worst is when a full server doesn't allow you to log back into the same server, spot should be reserved for those who crash and log back in directly.
One way to help avoid crashes is to download MSI Afterburner so you can check that your settings are not causing a problem. Keep an eye on the vram usage. If your graphics card has 8GB of vram, but the game is calling for more the game could crash. To lower your vram usage lower the game's graphic settings.
Originally posted by bansheemarc:
One way to help avoid crashes is to download MSI Afterburner so you can check that your settings are not causing a problem. Keep an eye on the vram usage. If your graphics card has 8GB of vram, but the game is calling for more the game could crash. To lower your vram usage lower the game's graphic settings.
Then they need to change the minimum requirements. As someone with an enthusiast build this game is going to be DOA on full release if the devs can't figure it out. The notes for patch 2 are lackluster to say the least in the department of actually optimizing the game. The performance uplift between a 4080 Super and 4090 is actually alarming how bad it is for GZW and out of curiosity if it was a UE5 thing, I did the same test with Remnant 2 and the uplift between the two is significant enough. Users are only responsible for so much on their end.
Originally posted by miukreativ:
99% of the Time right now you won't lose your stuff if you don't try to cheat the system with killing exe or taking off the internet. I crashed like 1-2 times since the beginning but never lost my gear. This game runs the best on an AMD combo in my opinion. I got an 7800x3d+7900XTX, high fps and no problems at all. Friend got an 5800x3d+7800XT, high FPS and no crashes at all.
Odd: AMD Frame Rates and Crashing issues
Rarely crashed before this patch. Just crashed 3 times in a row with it freezing the whole computer as well. No other game does this and of course the first time I lost all my best gear. Seems to run fine for around a minute and then total crash. :-(
What's happening when you crash? Are you in base, out in the world where AI are, flying on a helicopter?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50