Gray Zone Warfare

Gray Zone Warfare

awesome game
awesome game. the most important for the life and retention of player ( like eft) is an hideout, where we craft, and loot stuff in da jungle to build it
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Mr.Fish 10 Jul @ 1:40am 
It really isn't, no one is playing tarkov or staying playing tarkov for the hideout.
Hideout is just mobile mini games where you click some buttons and wait.

Not exactly peak gameplay.

A crafting menu, sure, mobile mini game in-world hideout, i don't think it's needed.
Last edited by Mr.Fish; 10 Jul @ 6:24am
You not wrong buddy, but I say that : this game need player retention. To achieve that, da game need incentive to farm and loot to build or craft something, where FOB or hideout.

People play 5k hours tarkov because flea market and hideout, where they live 2nd life there.
Last edited by turkishsquad; 10 Jul @ 2:35am
Mr.Fish 10 Jul @ 1:54am 
Originally posted by turkishsquad:
You not wrong buddy, but I say that : this game need player retention. To achieve that, da game need incentive to farm and loot to build or craft something, where FOR or hideout.

People play 5k hours tarkov because flea market and hideout, where they live 2nd life there.

Some might i don't disagree, but certainly not all.

I have thousands of hours in tarkov and never touched the hideout, i also despise the flea market, the game was fine if not better before them in honesty.

People seem to correlate covid, the hideout and twitch with the large increase in player base in tarkov but they always neglect to remember that chinese localisation came about the same time as hideout and before covid/twitch drops hype.

Do not put all your eggs in one basket, not everyone likes to eat chickens.

Tarkov is popular because it was the test bed for Russia2028 - a single player game set in the universe of the same name, created by BSG that had gained a niche following from its other games set there.

Tarkov grew due to it being unique and helping to define the extraction looter shooter genre, gaining cult game status in the process.

Tarkov has a large player base because it is an 8 year old beta release that has been in dev for 12 years+ that is available globally.

I would argue player retention is due to the high risk vs reward game play loop and the "just one more" almost gambling addiction mentality of running raids, looting high value or seeking kills to increase ones monetary resources, quest progress or pvp ego.

If you remove the hideout and the flea market, the game is still the same, so i do not completely agree that it has any bearing on the games popularity.
Last edited by Mr.Fish; 10 Jul @ 2:04am
I will play Gray Zone Warfare 8k hours

About many player on Tarkov, what you say is great, I believe BSG have create enought lore and complexity to da game to reach a millitary / realistic shooter community .

At least RPG mechanic on da game, when u spend enought time firing a weapon, running, to have player retention

About da loop fundamental, Gray Zone Warfare need something to grind. Currency, or ressources, that I suggest hideout.

Path Of Exile, Tarkov have incentive & retention bcse currency & economy based real life,
I believe that Gray Zone Warfare need, to that open world simulate realistic warfare
Miles 10 Jul @ 5:43am 
Player retention will get better with further development. Game is only been out 2 months in pre-alpha.
Sure, the dev are working hard. I believe there is no more optimisation necessary, 2K all settings ultra DLSS quality & da game run smooth, complexity of UE5 lighting & more requiert high-end config

Hope they add something to grind when they launch day&night cycle, or improve A.I ,

I actually solo all hotspot of Lamang with Ez
Mr.Fish 10 Jul @ 6:38am 
Originally posted by turkishsquad:
I will play Gray Zone Warfare 8k hours

About many player on Tarkov, what you say is great, I believe BSG have create enought lore and complexity to da game to reach a millitary / realistic shooter community .

At least RPG mechanic on da game, when u spend enought time firing a weapon, running, to have player retention

About da loop fundamental, Gray Zone Warfare need something to grind. Currency, or ressources, that I suggest hideout.

Path Of Exile, Tarkov have incentive & retention bcse currency & economy based real life,
I believe that Gray Zone Warfare need, to that open world simulate realistic warfare

I think with it being a vastly different game to Tarkov there is no need for the grind gameplay loop.

This games draw might be delivering something different and at the same time also what Tarkov/Russia2028 was supposed too.

Mostly an open world story driven pve(vp) shooter with realistic elements.

I'd rather not another nonsensical grinding wannabe-live service shooter, maybe an enthralling storyline, engaging and exciting gunplay with fantastic visuals, would be enough to carry more sales down the line and also a refreshing change.
This is an awesome game.
Where I live it is getting hotter every year. It is 10-20 degrees warmer this time of year than when I was growing up. It is too hot to sit next to a space heater(CPU) with headphones on. This is why I am not playing right now.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50