The Saboteur™

The Saboteur™

Video Settings do change how the game looks
I go to the video settings option, change all the stuff to max, set resolution to 1920x1440, click OK, start the game up, and...none of the settings have taken effect. Pixely, aliased, stretched, what have you. Video Settings don't seem to have an effect.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Same here, come on EA. You have to screw up everything.
Lord. Just found a 7 year old comment it is the 144hz that the game poops it's pants. Drop it back to 60hz and the resolution you pick works.

EVERY TIME EA, EVERY TIME YOU SCREW UP.
Shades 7 Mar @ 6:25pm 
Yea, had the same issue. Set it to 60fps & it works fine, for now.
Also needs to be run in a window instead of fullscreen, for some reason. O.o
And you turn ON nudity in setting in the game. DAMN YOU EA!
Cosmo 7 Mar @ 7:39pm 
Originally posted by Dosbilliam, Boring but Practical:
Not for me, just 60 Hz
Originally posted by Player 1 (Cosmo):
Not for me, just 60 Hz

If I don't do that, my graphics whatever (the game's not really clear on the matter) fails to initialize...which sucks, since it's less a window and more an offset fullscreen that shows the taskbar and about a centimeter of the bottom of whatever's under the game. -_-
Cosmo 7 Mar @ 9:20pm 
Not for me, just 60 Hz

If I don't do that, my graphics whatever (the game's not really clear on the matter) fails to initialize...which sucks, since it's less a window and more an offset fullscreen that shows the taskbar and about a centimeter of the bottom of whatever's under the game. -_-

Odd, but i also had to give up on the gog version, where the steam one works really good for me.
Dork 15 Mar @ 6:16am 
I dont even have video settings. The only thing there is Gamma Correction...

Odd, but i also had to give up on the gog version, where the steam one works really good for me.

In EA Desktop version there is a settings program in the game folder.
It's called "setup" i think.
Check if it's in game folder on Steam version.
Eiyu 17 Mar @ 6:54am 
Originally posted by Dork:
Same!! There is SaboteurLauncher but options does not load
This game will default to lowest settings if you set the refresh rate higher than 60Hz. It's a limitation of the game engine. Additionally, the game will have bugs, i.e.: bridges not blowing up, crash on stats screen, freezing when you exit, etc., if the resolution is set to higher than 1080p.

This game came out in 2009, it's going to have limitations.
Last edited by MasterZoen; 17 Mar @ 9:06pm
Dev!L 1 May @ 9:07pm 
Originally posted by Eiyu:
Originally posted by Dork:
Same!! There is SaboteurLauncher but options does not load

Here when you launch the game thru steam, there are two options, the game and video settings. There you can put everything on maximum, except the fps,put on 60hz and the game will work fine.
Rooster 14 Jul @ 9:06am 
Everyone, I found the fix on a steam review:

Open whichever hard drive the game is installed on and go to "Steam--> Steamapps-->Common-->The Saboteur--> VideoSetup" and it'll let you pick your video settings. Then just save it and start the game up.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50