Visions of Mana

Visions of Mana

View Stats:
Anyone clear the Luna Aerie? (Spoilers obviously)
Just wondering if anyone cleared the Luna Aerie. I did most everyone else in the demo, and didn't feel like grinding or gitting gud to do it. I just wanted to know if there was a reward for it, and if so, what was it? Just really wanna know if they will be worth doing in the main game proper.
Originally posted by ar2games:
Yep, you get the moon slash skilll which can be equiped to anyone. Kinda cool and it wasn't too hard after checking my AI settings.

Too early to tell if they're worth doing in the full game, more skills are always a good thing so for me they are but the game is probably designed to be cleared without them, at least the main story.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
yes I succeeded, we gain a skill ! It is a magical attack that hits a single target, the equivalent of a single sword swing.

it's poorly rewarded
Last edited by I-Paid-For-u; 14 Aug @ 6:57pm
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
ar2games 14 Aug @ 7:12pm 
Yep, you get the moon slash skilll which can be equiped to anyone. Kinda cool and it wasn't too hard after checking my AI settings.

Too early to tell if they're worth doing in the full game, more skills are always a good thing so for me they are but the game is probably designed to be cleared without them, at least the main story.
Alright, thanks for the info!
Drake 14 Aug @ 8:30pm 
Originally posted by ar2games:

they will most certainly add the expert and no future difficulties to the release version. So there will be plenty of opportuniteis to use skills and builds.
Doresh 14 Aug @ 9:39pm 
It's very doable if you do it right before boarding the ship (so you can get everyone better gear) and enter with a full bar so you can more or less wipe out the first wave with a Class Strike.
It is definitely doable, but as already said, you get just a meh skill and by the time you realistically get it, you've basically already beaten the demo anyway. Probably better for the full game where you have more options to actually make the skill useful, such as more elemental weak enemies and skills that buff the damage.
Originally posted by IPaidForYou:
yes I succeeded, we gain a skill ! It is a magical attack that hits a single target, the equivalent of a single sword swing.

it's poorly rewarded
Exactly this, mind you that magic skill is a tier 2 skill on the luna plot for morley. It's beyond ♥♥♥♥, putting it as a reward is such a slap to the face. I'd rather get a weapon than that ♥♥♥♥ skill
Doresh 15 Aug @ 1:31pm 
A spell is at least something you can use throughout the game. A shiny new weapon would probably be something you could buy in the next town.
Originally posted by Doresh:
A spell is at least something you can use throughout the game. A shiny new weapon would probably be something you could buy in the next town.
That's the thing, they couldve done something to the weapons or gears in general. Instead of making them obsolete the next town. Give them effects anything, make them feel unique and rewarding when found or won
Zero 15 Aug @ 4:24pm 
Originally posted by JessicaSKY:
Originally posted by Doresh:
That's the thing, they couldve done something to the weapons or gears in general. Instead of making them obsolete the next town. Give them effects anything, make them feel unique and rewarding when found or won
RPG. First time?
Originally posted by Zero:
Originally posted by JessicaSKY:
RPG. First time?
Final fantasy 10 did gearing better. Even the old gear you get can still be better
Doresh 16 Aug @ 3:30am 
FFX is a complete outlier in terms of (J)RPGs in that the gear doesn't have any inherent numerical bonuses and merely serves as a container for passives (some of which might be numerical bonuses).
Drake 16 Aug @ 4:24am 
Ff7, ff9 and ff10 are really special cases in jrpg equipment wise.

Most of jrpgs usually just use weapons and armors as gold sink, the true system being about classes and skills or spells.

The only ones today that go against that are souls like, since they rely a lot on weapons to replace skills.
Already had my question answered, but will say, I do prefer a skill seed to a weapon for a reward. A weapon would just go to one character, of one specific class. While a skill seed can go on anyone. Want Careena's Moon Charterer to have an attacking Luna spell? There you go. While I doubt there's anything like STAB from Pokemon, it is thematic, and a lot of the time, that's important to me. Anyways, yeah, you cannot really compare games of different franchises on their use of weapons and skills. Because, as mentioned, they work completely differently. Weapons in the Mana games are largely "number goes up" while weapons in Souls-likes are "generally" equal in power at base and you pick one and upgrade it.
Renix 17 Aug @ 10:06am 
You can easily clear this at level 10 just using the Cat guy and button massing jump + right click endlessly only doing his teleport slash. It stun locks enemies hes below even if it doesnt hit them, even if they are 50 feet in the air. For enemies that have super armor it slows down there animation for like 3 stutters of it making it so you can spam them many times before they unleash a worthwhile attack. Doing this builds his CS gauge pretty fast especially if you cast his nature aura on himself before hand. you can fill the guage twice and use his final attack with G when its filled twice and end the battle.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50