Mass Effect 2 (2010)

Mass Effect 2 (2010)

Talilover 19 Mar, 2021 @ 4:59am
Crashing consistently on illium
Read around and it seems like other people also have this problem where almost every single time walking through that hallway under Liara's office on Illium causes the came to freeze up/crash

Some people said setting nomoviestartup as a launch option would fix it, it didn't.

Some people said it's actually a weird sound issue where it will crash when you walk through while a background ad is playing, it crashed without it.

Some said it was an issue with dynamic lighting, turning it off didn't help

Just genuinely confused why 9 times out of 10 it crashes when I walk through/ how to reliably avoid it
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
mrmike_49 19 Mar, 2021 @ 10:29am 
I used the -nomoviestartup command line as well as changing to 600 x 800 resolution in windowed mode to get by it. Not sure if one of them would have worked, only tried with both

ps: if you're having this problem, you'll have SO MUCH FUN when playing the Lair of the Shadow Broker!
Last edited by mrmike_49; 19 Mar, 2021 @ 10:33am
speedymalte 14 Apr, 2021 @ 6:33am 
You have to play the game in window mode.randeless ...

-nomoviestartup Command is when the game crashes when you're at Liara (Shadow Broker), and you want to go back to the spaceship.
Google Translation
Carmac 27 Apr, 2021 @ 1:06pm 
For me, most of time this worked when passing under Liara's office. Just turn camera facing on floor and walk by every time you need to go either way.
Eso95 30 Jun @ 3:31am 
For case under Liara Office JUST Stand when when report start. After report end, you can pass.
Brother, I made the post 3 years ago. I figured it out
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50