The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

How to beat the April Fools Challenge
I got a Swallowed Penny and a golden heart (i think you dont even need a swallowed penny) and i wasnt able to die anymore, because if you pick up pennys you get golden/black/soul/hearts instead so i was able to beat the challenge even with pretty less damage items(it took me like 35minutes to complete). You actually dont even need skill to win this challenge with this method so you actually just have to be lucky and get those two things.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Blargo 6 Jan, 2017 @ 6:16pm 
This is the only "challenge" I've seen where you get more health by taking damage.
I'm not sure it's even possible to die unless you ignore every coin in the game.
Onibushou 6 Jan, 2017 @ 6:45pm 
Also pretty broken for this challenge is the Pandora Box. Infinite spacebar uses, and can pull up anything. The giant Mom bomb, Mega Stan head, Book of Rev to overwrite the Bloat. I ended up D100-ing into Mom's Knife and some other OP stuff.
Voru 6 Jan, 2017 @ 6:57pm 
Yeah, I had so many golden hearts and coins healed me so much it felt impossible to die, even with pretty trash items. It was a pretty funny challenge, though. On the other hand, if you're playing without having the golden heart unlocked... I can see it could be pretty tough.
Heh I got the shovel, used it once and it was the D4 effect. Gave me soymilk dunce cap that was actually killing it and had 1.40 damage.

When I tried the challenge yesterday after pandoras box ran out I found butter bean. After some uses it erased my hp and basically made me the lost with no hp or ability to gain it.

Also curse of the XL floor can get you golden hearts before the first bloat if your lucky.
Last edited by ⛧⸸Black⸸⛧; 6 Jan, 2017 @ 7:18pm
Aran 6 Jan, 2017 @ 7:50pm 
Originally posted by Onibushou:
Also pretty broken for this challenge is the Pandora Box. Infinite spacebar uses, and can pull up anything. The giant Mom bomb, Mega Stan head, Book of Rev to overwrite the Bloat. I ended up D100-ing into Mom's Knife and some other OP stuff.

If i'm corrent, I beleive all Spacebar items during the challenge are 1 room charge and can be anything ( same applies for pills and cards, which i'd advise not to use lest you want a sucide king to the face)
I finally figured it out. The reason butter bean took away all my hp and got me killed was EXTREMELY BAD rng made it get the Clicker character change effect, then by low chance it turned me into the lost. So the odds of it happening to anyone else is low.
SakuraKoi 9 Jan, 2017 @ 3:09am 
Originally posted by Voru:
if you're playing without having the golden heart unlocked... I can see it could be pretty tough.

If not abysmal, while the Bloat is not that difficult but rather requires patience... one has to have a lot of patience. Incidentally picking up actual coins may become quite rare which results in more anything else, including hearts but well...

I probably had it a bit easier, since I have yet to unlock half soul hearts~ (not that I ever intend to, luckily resetting the Ultra Hard Challenge after running out of patience did not count)
Typisch 9 Jan, 2017 @ 4:33am 
i had cursed eye and it randomly teleported me around...feelsbadman
Last edited by Typisch; 9 Jan, 2017 @ 4:33am
Typisch 9 Jan, 2017 @ 4:33am 
Originally posted by Nestle Crunch:
Originally posted by Onibushou:

If i'm corrent, I beleive all Spacebar items during the challenge are 1 room charge and can be anything ( same applies for pills and cards, which i'd advise not to use lest you want a sucide king to the face)
Nope my bible was still every 6 rooms
Somewhat Hollow 9 Jan, 2017 @ 4:46am 
I had piggy bank...lol
PANZERMENSCH 9 Jan, 2017 @ 5:32am 
just restart until you get a good item to start (Igot mom's knife) and have fun. Proptosis workls too. You just need good dps for the first floor, the rest is easy afterwards.
Typisch 9 Jan, 2017 @ 6:28am 
Originally posted by PANZERMENSCH:
just restart until you get a good item to start (Igot mom's knife) and have fun. Proptosis workls too. You just need good dps for the first floor, the rest is easy afterwards.
I had the start damage...
Jakkauli 9 Jan, 2017 @ 6:53am 
I got the straw and when I used it, it instantly killed me... Great ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ challenge.

I was doing really good with full health and good damage.
Last edited by Jakkauli; 9 Jan, 2017 @ 6:55am
Voru 9 Jan, 2017 @ 6:58am 
Originally posted by SakuraKoi:
Originally posted by Voru:
if you're playing without having the golden heart unlocked... I can see it could be pretty tough.

If not abysmal, while the Bloat is not that difficult but rather requires patience... one has to have a lot of patience. Incidentally picking up actual coins may become quite rare which results in more anything else, including hearts but well...

I probably had it a bit easier, since I have yet to unlock half soul hearts~ (not that I ever intend to, luckily resetting the Ultra Hard Challenge after running out of patience did not count)

About the half soul heart part... You should probably unlock that. From what I've understood, they actually replace red hearts and not soul hearts. They also seem extremely rare. I hardly come across any.
Toastie Buns 9 Jan, 2017 @ 7:05am 
My Aprils Fool's run had a challenge within a challenge: Making sure Bum Friend didn't eat all my health.
To be fair, past the second floor it didn't really matter, but still... That little bugger.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 6 Jan, 2017 @ 5:42pm