The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Least Favourite Character?
DO NOT SAY THE LOST, THAT'S CHEATING (I would still play lost over Least Favourite though)

My least Favourite is Lazarus because it's Isaac without D6 Featuring bad luck, a pill that is probably not going to be good and he starts with Lazarus rags, which isn't as good as Judas shadow or Ankh (Which in my opinion, are MUCH better).
What's yours?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
Hedonism 25 May, 2015 @ 8:48am 
Magdalene and Cain : Maggy is too slow for me even though you're pretty sure to not die early and cain has nothing special
Jabelonske 25 May, 2015 @ 9:40am 
Originally posted by Hedonism:
Magdalene and Cain : Maggy is too slow for me even though you're pretty sure to not die early and cain has nothing special

Cain has nothing special right away, but that lucky foot can come in pretty handy (no pun intended).
I'd say that Maggy is the worst character when you become good at the game. Can't think of many situations where having the health sustain would be useful, and the low speed is just really bad.
Even Lazarus could be nicer, finding some early soul hearts, killing yourself and having the damage multiplier.
Washing Machine 25 May, 2015 @ 9:48am 
I miss Cain only getting good pills. That was what made him my favorite.

Samson has always been "meh" to me. Don't like his starting item and nothing special makes him stand out. Often forget he's even in the character list.
beautheschmo 25 May, 2015 @ 10:01am 
Cain also has the second highest damage multiplier of the regular tear shooters (tied with revived Lazarus) and the highest base speed of anybody, in addition to the Lucky Foot, which is more useful than it may seem, and the free key is easily the most useful of the starting pickups. I also kinda like his "one eye" gimmick, it makes him feel a little bit more unique, though it doesn't come into play that much. Even if he was massively nerfed from his original appearance, I think he still holds up pretty well.

Lazarus is my least favorite, though. He's not really that bad, but he's really just a copy of two other characters, only worse. He's either gimp Isaac or gimp Judas, but without the items that really set those two apart from the other characters, instead getting two of the worst items in the game (I'd really like to know the thought process behind giving a character with only 1 heart a revenge passive). His revived form has the raw stats to be good, but it's like, I could just play Cain or Judas with their equally good stats, and with a better item to boot. He's the one character who doesn't seem to have their own niche, and that's why I dislike him.

Maggie is probably the worst, but I can't really put her as my least favorite. She's my lucky character for some reason and I'm almost always flooded with awesome items and synergies whenever I roll with her. Heck, she got me my first MS kill (in a truly astounding show of good fortune that involved getting the Joker card to send me to the second Angel Room I needed in the Cathedral).
Collybius 25 May, 2015 @ 12:02pm 
@JW023 same here about blue baby but i also suck with cain
MidnightWolf 25 May, 2015 @ 12:14pm 
Blue Baby
Ghetsus 25 May, 2015 @ 4:34pm 
IMO, it's Azazel, he's too ez pz lemon peep. I won my first MS fight with him. I got proptosis, which doubled my damage... Wasn't hard, he's not that fun, and has way less synergies compared to other characters.

The most significant synergy with him though, is Ludovico Technique, but that's basically Brimstone + Ludo.

Lazarus definitely needs a buff. Give him a prayer card. And our lovable Edmund should give him a normal heart, soul heart, a dark heart, and one half of an eternal heart when he's revived. Each type of these hearts would represent the 4 total days he was dead in the Biblical story. Ofc, his charge should be depleted to zero if he still has the prayer card, so he can't use it directly after to gain a full heart.

And Maggie seems designed to take damage, decreasing devil deal chances, thus increasing the chance of Angel Rooms, making her who she really is. Besides, she's cute. :dip:
Solo Death 25 May, 2015 @ 4:38pm 
Lazarus: the resurrection he gets is the worst one, plus without it, he's literally just slightly worse isaac without the D6, and the pill he starts with more often than not just hurts you.
Jabelonske 25 May, 2015 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by Shadow Bum:
IMO, it's Azazel, he's too ez pz lemon peep. I won my first MS fight with him. I got proptosis, which doubled my damage... Wasn't hard, he's not that fun, and has way less synergies compared to other characters.

The most significant synergy with him though, is Ludovico Technique, but that's basically Brimstone + Ludo.

Lazarus definitely needs a buff. Give him a prayer card. And our lovable Edmund should give him a normal heart, soul heart, a dark heart, and one half of an eternal heart when he's revived. Each type of these hearts would represent the 4 total days he was dead in the Biblical story. Ofc, his charge should be depleted to zero if he still has the prayer card, so he can't use it directly after to gain a full heart.

And Maggie seems designed to take damage, decreasing devil deal chances, thus increasing the chance of Angel Rooms, making her who she really is. Besides, she's cute. :dip:

That's not how it works, if you take red heart dmg it decreases the chance for both devil and angel room to appear.
Bloody 25 May, 2015 @ 9:30pm 
Isaac, lol. He's just boooring
SprainedCactus4 25 May, 2015 @ 9:39pm 
I'm surprised there isn't anything said about Eve, because...
1. Her damage is horrible, I wish she could have an increased tear rate to compensate.
2. Because of this, you'll want to hurt yourself for the babylon effect, which doesn't really help that much and leaves you close to death. Boo.
3. Dead bird hardly deals any damage :isaac:
Solo Death 25 May, 2015 @ 10:28pm 
Originally posted by Definitely NOT a Cactus:
I'm surprised there isn't anything said about Eve, because...
1. Her damage is horrible, I wish she could have an increased tear rate to compensate.
2. Because of this, you'll want to hurt yourself for the babylon effect, which doesn't really help that much and leaves you close to death. Boo.
3. Dead bird hardly deals any damage :isaac:

I didn't mention Eve because I personally don't mind her. If you play Eden enough you'll commonly get considerably worse stats and items than what Eve has. You don't know pain until you start with e-coli, Telepathy for Dummies, 2 soul hearts, and Eve damage without the tear rate.
Last edited by Solo Death; 25 May, 2015 @ 10:29pm
Probably Maggie or ??? / Blue Baby

Maggie has nothing to really make her stand out from the other characters, and the initial health increase is negated by the slow speed (even with the Yum Heart).

Sure, some other characters are hard, but that doesn't make them bad. Maggie is just... meh. The in-between where no one really wants to be, yet end up anyways.
Last edited by Shrimply Krill Yourself; 25 May, 2015 @ 10:38pm
This Is Madness! 26 May, 2015 @ 1:30am 
I like to play Isaac, Judas, Eve, Azazel, The Lost.
and ignore the rest
Misery 27 May, 2015 @ 1:04am 
Definitely ???.

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate having to rely on soul hearts. Absolutely hate it. The game loves to just decide "Soul hearts? Nah. RED HEARTS FOR THE REST OF THE RUN!!!". And doing devil deals is usually a horrible idea with him, since it takes like half of his health to do.

Using him only to get his stupid challenges done (except boss rush, which I might ignore, because I hate it). Probably wont use him again after that.
Last edited by Misery; 27 May, 2015 @ 1:06am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 38 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 25 May, 2015 @ 8:32am