Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

Kunitsu-Gami: Path of the Goddess

View Stats:
Really enjoyed the demo
I had a really good experience with the demo. A few quick things to share.

- I experienced a crash during the last mission. Nothing special was happening. The performance was very good beyond that hiccup.

- The UI and controls are pretty good overall. I think it would be very helpful if the health points were shown with numbers (including how much health potions heal - it could be fully every time but I'm not certain).

- When a player loses and decides to continue, it would be helpful if the night time didn't begin IMMEDIATELY. Sometimes a loss is a result of a bad strategy. You may realize it but have a hard time adjusting if the enemies arrive. The game pausing when you move villagers around can help but sometimes the protagonist is in the wrong part of the map at the beginning.

- I love the feel of this game. A lot of care truly went into gibing backstories to the lore and the villagers you meet who help save their own lands.

- All the costumes and movements look great.

- The combat is simple but every mission gave a new power or class to use. It feels like there is variety and which combo is used or which attack is used for stun makes a big difference. There's a ton here for a demo so I'm sure the full game is even more impressive.

- Having to gather resources alone during daytime from individual bushes is a little tedious. Could we use villagers to help us pick those during the day, similar to how repairs work?

I had a good time and asked some friends to try the demo too. Thanks for trying out a new IP. Pretty sure I'll pick this up within the first month.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Glad you enjoy it, can't wait to play the full version.
I have mixed feelings. Graphics wise, it's like... why? It's a 16gb mostly-top down game where you're looking at hordes of enemies half the time.I could care less about ray tracing and water quality. Woulda been nice if they made it cell-shaded as a nod to Okami, and be more welcoming to players with mid-range hardware.

Gameplay is like an amalgamation of generic concepts. Once I got it all down it felt intuitive in its own right, but nothing wow-ing (at least in the demo.)

Story...? Guess we'll find out. Protect goddess waifu, no objections here.

If there was any music I must've been tuning it out. Standard ambiance I guess?

But the art/design takes my heart and runs with it. I've always been a fan of mythic Japanese art. I get Okami x (classic) Onimusha vibes (with a dash of Warframe in fighter designs.) There seems to be an emphasis on the "four guardian beasts" which hold a deep personal meaning to me. Creative overflow to be sure.

Overall, I think Capcom might be onto something. Just optimize the damn thing.I'll keep it wishlisted till it goes on sale. Unless I watch some vids on it and there's anything particularly grabbing, I'll get it.
Last edited by Virtus Ferox; 5 Jul @ 9:24pm
ccdc 5 Jul @ 10:03pm 
Enjoyed it too. I'm glad it's on game pass.
null 6 Jul @ 12:07am 
I thought the game is visually great.
Some UI stuff could really be more responsive. For example: going from assigning role (accidental press) to change location.
Mechanically I can see how it COULD be fun (unique blends of mechanics always intrigue me), but the demo didn't show off much of that.
I enjoy the game too thats why I decide to buy it
Originally posted by ccdc:
Enjoyed it too. I'm glad it's on game pass.

The gods have blessed us. I had no idea LMAO
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 5 Jul @ 1:29pm