Shadow of the Ninja - Reborn

Shadow of the Ninja - Reborn

View Stats:
No demo on steam worry me a lot.
On plateforms where a demo was released I see mostly negative opinions about the game, I mean I understand that people don't like the artstyle but they also tend to not like the gameplay.

Normaly I would pre-order this since I dreamed of a Blue Shadow remake buuuuuuuut I'll keep it real I'm not going to spend 60$ on a game that could have 5 stages, beatable in less than an hour, with no replay value, and bad controls.

I understand that at release PC players can get their own demo via means I don't want to use myself but without a demo when the game is close to being released I'm not hyped, it's even worse, so I hope that we will see a demo quickly otherwise you may even lose money due to not having one (people who illegaly get their "demo" can decide to just keep it because it's not worth the money in their mind).

The pricing may also be an issue so being in the dark isn't really great.

------

UPDATE: They didn't, a friend own it on SWITCH so I'll borrow their copy meaning I'll play for free (well the'yll borrow one of my game as usual so that's it's not like with kids who "borrow" something), a shame that they got lazy to put out a demo, maybe the game is so bad that it would have damaged their sales, I dunno I'll find this week end.

Consider this topic close unless for some reason you'll want to convince me to buy it or something or if you are crazy enough to gift me the game (you can't as I don't add people and that would be a waste unless you want to bolster their sales for some reason).

Probably not going to support their futur games too if they can't give us a demo and in the end I spend my money how I want so It's ok I have money to pre-order MGS VOL2 and MGS3 remake so I'll spend the 20$ I've saved by not buying this on something else.

Have fun with the game, dunno if I will but I got nothing to lose in the end.
Last edited by Deathraven13; 5 Sep @ 1:46pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
white2k 19 Aug @ 11:59am 
The game's fine, even on the Switch. It costs $20/ 20 euro there, I don't think it will cost more than that on PC.
Dude 20 Aug @ 2:10am 
The jump feels really bad and unresponsive. I would wait before you buy to look at reviews.
white2k 20 Aug @ 4:57am 
Originally posted by Dude:
The jump feels really bad and unresponsive. I would wait before you buy to look at reviews.

Looks fine to me. A bit weird, but you get accustomated to it after a while (=after various hours)
Yeah, demo would have been welcome. Definitely going to wait on it as a result, see how the reviews turn out.
I played a demo on Steam and kinda liked it. Still on the fence about the purchase of release version.
"a game that could have 5 stages, beatable in less than an hour, with no replay value" arcade games, famously devoid of replay value
LOL typical "too short so it sux" type of complain, always present in whenever new arcade-like games released

The original game literally takes 20 minutes for a full playthrough, and I'm glad if this remake have less than 2 hours of gameplay (if that's the case) and it's meant to be played over and over. Maybe try a new, unique run after you casually beat the game like no death run, no item/bombs run etc and there's also time attack leaderboard to keep players not get bored.
lyteedge 29 Aug @ 11:15am 

Were you using Kaede? Hayate's jumps are better.
Dude 29 Aug @ 3:54pm 
Originally posted by lyteedge:

Yes I was, and Hayate's jump has a better arch and feels better, but that little bit of input-delay is still there. I don't know if they're doing that to account for the "squat down before you jump" animation, or for some other reason, but it just doesn't feel good to have the character stop in their tracks, do that small animation, and then jump.
Originally posted by copypasterCPS:
LOL typical "too short so it sux" type of complain, always present in whenever new arcade-like games released

The original game literally takes 20 minutes for a full playthrough, and I'm glad if this remake have less than 2 hours of gameplay (if that's the case) and it's meant to be played over and over. Maybe try a new, unique run after you casually beat the game like no death run, no item/bombs run etc and there's also time attack leaderboard to keep players not get bored.

Arcade games was a thing back then to take coins and games usually where shorter (and difficult to make it last longer), your first run didn't take 20 minutes, we are in 2024 so in our current era if the game costed 60$ for less than 2 hours it wouldn't be worth it, heck that mean I could finish the game and just refund it so your attitude is wrong here not mine.

In the end I spend my money how I want to, doesn't matter if you like it or not.

I don't know if the game is out or if it got a demo, I didn't have internet for weeks now and I have limited internet right now so at worse I'll wait for a sale or play for free if a friend own it, especialy if they have it on switch so I'm not losing much unlike devs, I wanted a remaster/remake and wanted to support it but not having a demo at the time killed my hype, there is a reason they didn't put a demo on PC and my guess is that the game isn't really good so no pre-order or day 1 buy, without hype I can wait and won't have the will to support the game now so whatever it's not a huge loss for them and if the game sell poorly then it's not my fault and devs may learn from this,

If a fan do make a good remaster and sell it for like 10$-20$ I wouldn't mind buying it, not going to pay more for it if it got no replay value and the game is short tho, what kind of mad man would spend a lot of money on a very short game ? lol.
Originally posted by lyteedge:

Yes I was, and Hayate's jump has a better arch and feels better, but that little bit of input-delay is still there. I don't know if they're doing that to account for the "squat down before you jump" animation, or for some other reason, but it just doesn't feel good to have the character stop in their tracks, do that small animation, and then jump.

I will say that whatever issues you have with the 7 frame start up on Jump, the way they designed Kaede to just be bad if she ever goes airborne makes a lot of annoying things about the game's design that much worse. Errant hurt box on the serpent enemy mid boss in Stage 2? Her vertical jump height is supposed to be her strong point, but I guess if you're trying to make a giant ogre cudgel kill something, there's just nothing to offset that. I have that happen with her or Hayate, but at least Hayate isn't garbage.

I think the game isn't going to be for everyone, but my god some of the tuning makes you roll your eyes because the game more or less will start demanding precision whether you understand the game or not. It's painful to see sometimes.
Last edited by Persona Au Gratin; 3 Sep @ 7:03pm
white2k 4 Sep @ 4:05am 
Originally posted by Deathraven13:
there is a reason they didn't put a demo on PC and my guess is that the game isn't really good

Dude, the game had a demo on consoles and on asian steam. Also you can buy games on Steam and get a refund if you don't lke them...The game's fine. Totally worth the money. Obviously it's pretty tough, but that was to be expected.
Originally posted by white2k:
Dude, the game had a demo on consoles and on asian steam. Also you can buy games on Steam and get a refund if you don't lke them...The game's fine. Totally worth the money. Obviously it's pretty tough, but that was to be expected.

There is no demo on steam so I won't buy it.

Not sure about the tough part since it's possible that you aren't good.
white2k 5 Sep @ 12:52pm 
Originally posted by Deathraven13:

There is no demo on steam so I won't buy it.

Not sure about the tough part since it's possible that you aren't good.

Sure, I'm not that good, but there are 2 difficulties, so....anyway, a lot of games don't have demos...what do you do, do you buy only games with demos? 🤔
Last edited by white2k; 5 Sep @ 12:53pm
Sure, I'm not that good, but there are 2 difficulties, so....anyway, a lot of games don't have demos...what do you do, do you buy only games with demos? 🤔

There reason is on the topic, read it: "Normaly I would pre-order this since I dreamed of a Blue Shadow remake buuuuuuuut I'll keep it real I'm not going to spend 60$ on a game that could have 5 stages, beatable in less than an hour, with no replay value, and bad controls.
"

If a game is 5 stage with no replayability I'd prefer a demo.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50