KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-

KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX-

View Stats:
re:chain of memories
riku side, first ansem fight/tutorial.
this game already has the purest form of cancer for combat that i've ever seen in video games, in my personal opinion anyway. i've never despised a combat system before this.
but that aside, any way to cheat or cheese past this. to make a slight tutorial is already dumb in a mode you don't unlock until you've beaten all of the first story. but to make it timed as well? i'm rather annoyed.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
oh, that part is actual a bit of a pain, almost forgot about it. Will it let you spam cards and reload them? or did you have to match the cards? If that doesn't work, then I guess you will just have to keep practicing and flicking through them fast :(
Last edited by sumolagann; 11 Jul @ 8:34pm
Not sure, I'll give it a go. If it doesn't work I guess I can't stick to the plan of playing through it myself.
Never played the original CoM, so I just thought I'd give it a quick try. Just beat Traverse Town + Axel in about 30 minutes. This makes it even more insane to me what kind of abomination of a combat system they created for this remake. How did anyone ever think it was a good idea to just plomp a card system on top of KH1 combat. I can't think of any polite words to describe how I feel about it.
Originally posted by JudgementRyu:
Not sure, I'll give it a go. If it doesn't work I guess I can't stick to the plan of playing through it myself.
Never played the original CoM, so I just thought I'd give it a quick try. Just beat Traverse Town + Axel in about 30 minutes. This makes it even more insane to me what kind of abomination of a combat system they created for this remake. How did anyone ever think it was a good idea to just plomp a card system on top of KH1 combat. I can't think of any polite words to describe how I feel about it.

I didn't really mind it, I just set my deck up so it more or less played like normal with some limitations. I think it's biggest weakness is deck editing incase you want to set it up in a certain way, takes a little while. I also neglected to use shortcuts for the entire game, I guess that's a thing. Maybe you'll like the rest more (after tutorial) feels like more straight forward combat
Oh boy, it gets so much worse. Riku's deck, constantly changes as you move down the floors. So what you know and get used to, changes on you very often.
KAIIRU 11 Jul @ 9:34pm 
This game is a terrorist attack on humanity. Every possible terrible mechanic slapped into one PLUS having to watch the roxas cutscenes about ice cream to unlock some recom cards jfc
Leijona 12 Jul @ 1:27am 
Your deck keeps changing every floor, some of them are SO bad, like 5 is the highest rank card you have. Get used to stocking your ♥♥♥♥ cards out of the deck.
Well at least it's comforting to see it's not a me problem :lukasLaugh: (although I already confirmed it when trying the original game last night).
The Duels in the Riku side have an element of randomness

It is possible to just mash the button and select all cards in a row and you’ll win a duel. Taking it slow is more precise, but for his final battle the speed of a duel gets way faster

Riku mode is much shorter than Sora’s. And is equally if not even more important for setting up 2 than Sora’s is
Last edited by mdesaleah; 12 Jul @ 7:21am
Arc 12 Jul @ 7:44am 
i liked the gba version much more. the third dimension in re just makes attacks hit less enemies for the same cards, making fights take longer.
Ok, well. I tried spamming and I tried emptying the deck until I only have cards needed to match Ansem. Still doesn't work, so I guess I'll just have to settle for watching a video on Riku's side because I don't want to deal with this absolute garbage anymore.
it's extra infuriating because this cancer ruins an otherwise great game. It's real unfortunate.
Ok just as I started watching a video for Riku's side and saw the Ansem fight I noticed there was a considerably more time in the card duel than I have in my game.
It seems like the timer is affected by FPS. Just tried it while capping it on 30, had noticeably more time to select cards (I would say a sensible amount of time) and got past it fine.
So I guess that's another negative with the remake. Figured I'd give a heads-up on it.

Also thanks to whoever gave the clown award. Free points yay.
sumolagann 12 Jul @ 12:16pm 
Originally posted by JudgementRyu:
Ok just as I started watching a video for Riku's side and saw the Ansem fight I noticed there was a considerably more time in the card duel than I have in my game.
It seems like the timer is affected by FPS. Just tried it while capping it on 30, had noticeably more time to select cards (I would say a sensible amount of time) and got past it fine.
So I guess that's another negative with the remake. Figured I'd give a heads-up on it.

Also thanks to whoever gave the clown award. Free points yay.

Oh that's interesting. These sorts of games always have issues above 30fps for something, just sucks when it's especially game breaking, I did think that was a little too tight and punishing for average player. In ffxv the higher you go from 30fps the more the physics get stiff in hair/clothing, 120fps is basically static. Sort of sad, I bet those things can be fixed too, with some effort, although in this case it was probably just overlooked.
Last edited by sumolagann; 12 Jul @ 12:19pm
Given how small of a mechanic it is, I'd definitely expect it's an oversight. It's just a real unfortunate flaw when combined with the abomination that is the combat system in this remake.
Fortunately though, it's the only problem I've had related to FPS. But I cap it to 60 anyway which is supposed to give little to no issues as far as I've seen. KH1 was silky smooth and just a blast across the board. I expect it'll be the same for 2, BBS, DDD and no doubt 3 since it's a modern title.
Riku mode is different than Sora. Its figuring out each deck works and then strategize. They change each time, and usually you have to use the enemy card. I enjoy Riku mode but I do believe the GBA version was a bit better because dueling can be a bit hit or miss for me.
Yeah I don't mind that it's different than Sora's part. It's just that KH1 combat with a card system tacked on does not make for a good remade combat and it's just real sad to have an element that's so poorly done in an otherwise great game. But finished it either way yesterday. Used a trainer all the way through the game because I just do not want to bother with design that bad. The Duel tutorial part was just an extra unfortunate bit because FPS seems to affect the amount of time you have for inputs, but capping it at 30 fixed it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50