KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
sunilg  [developer] 13 Jun @ 8:59am
Known GPU Issue
An issue with the below GPUs may arise during gameplay preventing progress in the listed titles. The timeline for a potential fix is currently being determined.
Please check your device before purchasing this product.
Affected GPUs:
 - AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT
 - AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Affected titles:
 - KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
 - KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
BParks21 13 Jun @ 5:24pm 
Please fix gsync compatibility and frame rates above 60FPS with the older titles. Also please add a shader cache pre compilation to Kingdom Hearts 3 when starting the game to avoid Unreal Engine shader cache stutter during gameplay. PLEASE!!!!
You all are having problems on legion go and rog ally too since they share AMD Ryzen Z1 Extreme chips. It’s not new to the steam release, it was a problem when I bought it on epic a while ago. Also sorry if this comes off as curt, I just genuinely want the breadth of the situation to be understood. For me it was mostly crashes at random, or more commonly as scene transitions and pausing, and immediately after saving. And I haven’t really had any other game crash like it too so it does seem entirely related to some incompatibility with the KH games specifically.
Last edited by Silver Scribbler 9; 13 Jun @ 7:29pm
sofa queen 15 Jun @ 12:30am 
7000 series gpus are over a year old now and some of the most popular gpus for pc builds currently. please give an update on this as soon as possible. i already bought the games
Last edited by sofa queen; 15 Jun @ 12:31am
I'm always crashing at the same point in Dream Drop Distance. I'm using a Radeon RX 6750 XT
Last edited by Grumpytowne; 16 Jun @ 9:08am
Shadow 18 Jun @ 6:14pm 
Please check the error that happens every time anyone tries to save, when trying to do so a error window pops up and says "failed to save data". This occurs in both Dream Drop Distance HD and 0.2 Birth By Sleep
I am getting a .net framework error that says configuration system failed to initialize. I have a 7800 XT.
Okay, so weirdly enough, I can launch the launcher to get into the games without a hitch on driver version 24.3.1 or so with my 7900XT, but if I'm on 24.5 or 24.6 (the latest), trying to launch it, period, blue screens my computer entirely. I'm not sure what the cause is for that, but it's something you guys could go off for a fix. As for anyone else looking here, yeah, you maybe have to rollback to drivers before 24.5.1 in order to even just get into game unfortunately.
any word on when this is going to get fixed? Because so far i cant play more than like 15 minutes before the game crashes, forcing me to do whatever it is i did again, quiet frustrating.
Originally posted by CousinIt94:
any word on when this is going to get fixed? Because so far i cant play more than like 15 minutes before the game crashes, forcing me to do whatever it is i did again, quiet frustrating.
There is a glimmer of hope for a fix to come soon. On SteamDB they've made some depot changes as recently as yesterday afternoon.
Is it Just those two? I'm consistently getting crashes in DDD after just a few minutes of gameplay, my GPU is an NVIDIA GeForce 4050 (Laptop) driver version 31.0.15.3667
so any word on that update? its been real quiet on this discussion.
any update? i sure would like to buy these games if they're playable on my amd hardware
Dream Drop Distance also crashes with a 6700 XT. Not only for those mentioned. Everytime a cutscene is loading I have to pray its not crashing...

We need an fix asap!
6700 xt also crashes for at least ddd
All Kingdom Hearts crashes

Ryzen 7 8845HS w/Radeon 780M Graphics ~3.8Ghz
RXT 4060 Laptop GPU
16GB of Ram

Also crashes using a ROG Ally Z1 Extreme
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50