KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC)

KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC)

View Stats:
KH3 keeps crashing my pc
It has crashed my pc twice now where it distorted the sound and showed only a single color on my 2 monitors, when it happend i had to push the power button on my pc to be able to turn it off and then back on again as nothing else would respond. as far as i know, this only happend to 2 games on my pc, KH3 and Granblue fantasy relink. i don't know if this is related to a hardware issue or a software issue as i was able to play KH1 for long periods of time without anything crashing.

my current specs:
- gpu: RTX 2060
- cpu: i7-9700k
- 16 gigabytes of memory
i haven't overclocked anything

from what i have noticed, the 2 crashes happend after i interacted with something, the first one was from interacting with the moogle shop right before climbing the mountain in olympus after dying a bunch of time trying to get there (playing on critical mode for the first time), this crash also curropted my save file making me have to start over. The second crash happend when i was fighting the tornado titan, after dying a bunch of times, one of the times i hit continue it crashed. Both happend after i had played for arround 80-90 minutes

A fix that helped with granblue relink was to put the resolution down from 1080p to 720p, while i would like to test that again for KH3, i don't want to lose my save file by accident again as it didn't happen with the second crash. I have already verified the game files but nothing came up while doing that
Originally posted by andreasaspenberg575:
could be that you simply run out of ram. your gpu have less than the recommended amount of vram. recommended gpu is 1070 and that have 8 gigabytes, while your have only 6. games generally leaks and specially high definition games, as they use more ram.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
could be that you simply run out of ram. your gpu have less than the recommended amount of vram. recommended gpu is 1070 and that have 8 gigabytes, while your have only 6. games generally leaks and specially high definition games, as they use more ram.
Cistem 14 Jul @ 2:28pm 
that would explain a lot, i will try lowering some graphic settings and see if that works when i have some time on my hands
Cistem 15 Jul @ 1:25pm 
so it was the vram that was causing it, i had it running already on medium settings so i just turned the resolution down, was able to play for 2 hours without any problems
thanks for the info
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50