Gauntlet™

Gauntlet™

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Gauntlet Development Coming To An End
Gauntlet Players,

It has been a busy year since our vision and remake of the arcade classic Gauntlet was released. In that time we have not only released one version, but recently released our newer, shinier updated version as well – Gauntlet: Slayer Edition – on both PC and PlayStation 4 console.

While it has been great working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the development phase and our time together is now drawing to a close and Arrowhead’s involvement with the support of the game will come to an end. This means we likely will not release any more patches for the game. If anything were to ever change in the future we will of course keep the Gauntlet community updated.

Frogwing and ForeverAPeon from Arrowhead will still be available in the forums to chat and answer questions (and always on our brand new website of course!), but we ask all of you to continue to report any issues with a ticket to Warner Bros. Support, found here [support.wbgames.com], so that they can keep up to date with the current status.

We thank every single one of you for supporting us along this journey. It has been an incredible experience to work on one of our childhood favorite games and so much fun remaking this classic. We can only hope that you have enjoyed playing as well, and will continue having fun with friends for a long time to come.

On a final note, as a parting gift we have made sure that the Gauntlet pre-order items will be available for all PC players for free beginning today.

– The Arrowhead Team
< >
Showing 1-15 of 93 comments
punchobastardo 9 Oct, 2015 @ 7:21am 
Guys, a parting gift should be Legacy Mode (1.2), not items. Since you 'll no longer support the game you should let us have both versions. SE is already dying and it has only been (a)live ~1+ month...

Also, good luck with your next projects, waiting to hear more of them in the future.
Last edited by punchobastardo; 9 Oct, 2015 @ 7:49am
sirdrak 9 Oct, 2015 @ 9:10am 
Originally posted by punchobastardo:
Guys, a parting gift should be Legacy Mode (1.2), not items. Since you 'll no longer support the game you should let us have both versions. SE is already dying and it has only been (a)live ~1+ month...

Also, good luck with your next projects, waiting to hear more of them in the future.

+1 to the Legacy mode...

To the developers, good luck with your new projects and so many thanks for this marvellous Gauntlet. I wish to see more Gauntlet games in not too distant future (Gauntlet Legends/Dark Legacy maybe?)
DV8ER 9 Oct, 2015 @ 10:22am 
This is a bit of a bummer post. :( I know things haven't exactly gone smoothly during the development of this game but it's only because of how much passion there is around it. It's obviously too late to have any change of minds on this so from one developer to another, I wish you nothing but the best and may you get a brand new shiny greenfield project to work on!

Good luck and thanks for the unfortunately bad news.

-DV8ER
DV8ER 9 Oct, 2015 @ 10:29am 
Originally posted by ForeverAPeon:
Gauntlet Players,

On a final note, as a parting gift we have made sure that the Gauntlet pre-order items will be available for all PC players for free beginning today.

– The Arrowhead Team

One other thing - I was wondering if there was any way you could unlock the various "Season" items given there will no longer be the ability to acquire these? Perhaps you can come up with a way that requires someone to work to get them, not just simply unlock and give them to everyone, if need be, but I'd love to see this take place before your final repo commit and hand off.

Thanks again for all the hard work!!

-D
SkullTrauma 9 Oct, 2015 @ 10:29am 

when? they aren't available now.
Solinarius 9 Oct, 2015 @ 11:45am 
Damn, this really stings! So many issues are going to be left unresolved to haunt us players! I hope WB won't just let time grind G:SE to dust but it seems very likely. :steamsad:

Well, thanks for making such a badass--if bittersweet--Gauntlet happen, Arrowhead.
Last edited by Solinarius; 9 Oct, 2015 @ 12:32pm
If you want to leave a parting gift, open the game up for modding. You don't have to do anything more than release a final version with no encryption on any of the files.
sirdrak 9 Oct, 2015 @ 1:01pm 
Originally posted by Chain Smoker:
If you want to leave a parting gift, open the game up for modding. You don't have to do anything more than release a final version with no encryption on any of the files.

+1000

A level editor could have been a very good idea too.
Last edited by sirdrak; 9 Oct, 2015 @ 1:02pm
Xeth Nyrrow 9 Oct, 2015 @ 3:07pm 
So does coming to an end actually mean the end? I was hoping for a few quality of life changes at the least like auto fire weapons and endless mode higher teleports. One balancing pass of the new weapon sets (i.e. crappy fire book for wizard) and relics is sorely needed.

Thanks for the great game guys, I spent a lot of hours on it and bought it full price. Definitely got my money's worth.
SkullTrauma 9 Oct, 2015 @ 3:49pm 
Originally posted by SkullTrauma:

5 hours later, validated game files, waited for colosseum to roll over, still no pre-order items. teasing is us not very crescent fresh.
AkraCraft 9 Oct, 2015 @ 4:34pm 
+1 to the Legacy mode...
Slayer Edition is unplayable on my PC due to the camera....
Advisor 9 Oct, 2015 @ 4:41pm 
Originally posted by Xeth Nyrrow:
So does coming to an end actually mean the end? I was hoping for a few quality of life changes at the least like auto fire weapons and endless mode higher teleports. One balancing pass of the new weapon sets (i.e. crappy fire book for wizard) and relics is sorely needed.

I was sure there'd be a balance pass. The Firetrail Boots stick out like a sore thumb, in that regard. I guess we will have to report our problems to Warner Brothers. That's probably why AH insisted on us doing that.
Pyro Penguin 9 Oct, 2015 @ 7:41pm 
how about you give us unfair difficulty back before you leave forever.... its like you took out the challenge that i enjoyed then gave me the middle finger and left with my money

edit: also class passives, you removed a mechanic that everyone liked for no reason
Last edited by Pyro Penguin; 9 Oct, 2015 @ 7:42pm
SkullTrauma 9 Oct, 2015 @ 7:46pm 

5 hours later, validated game files, waited for colosseum to roll over, still no pre-order items. teasing is us not very crescent fresh.

still waiting.

Originally posted by Pyro Penguin:
how about you give us unfair difficulty back before you leave forever.... its like you took out the challenge that i enjoyed then gave me the middle finger and left with my money

also this
Xeth Nyrrow 9 Oct, 2015 @ 8:24pm 
Yes! Unfair mode = no food and more spawners.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 93 comments
Per page: 1530 50