Bewitching Sinners

Bewitching Sinners

View Stats:
A question about the endings
So, I haven't even purchased this game yet, but I need to ask a question on account of it possibly falling into my worst trigger.
I see this is an "isekai" type game (I mean, the "whisked to another world"). The issue is that I get literal panic attacks with isekai stories that automatically end with the protag going back to their birth world.
So yes, I'm asking for spoilers from people who finished the game (but please don't spoil circumstances and details, just answer the question) - do the endings force the protag to go back? If endings with going back exist but are not mandatory to get a good resolution with any chosen love interest, that's fine. But if going back is the only way, then I won't be able to play this game and I need to know before purchasing, obviously.

Thanks!
Originally posted by Let Me Die:
Hi. If you're looking for love interest resolutions, this may not be the game for you. They are secondary features to the main plot which is dark. Fascinating, but dark. Hence many of the quotation marks I have included.
It is very hard not to include spoilers, but I have done my best. I suggest you take your chances & read the first spoiler tag I included anyway; it will help you decide.

They have "epilogues" where you can see their adjustment to your world, but that is not the ending. Technically, this game only has 2 "happy" endings, neither of which include a romance.
In 3 endings you "stay" in the world. In the romance "endings" the love interest accompanies you to your world, then you return to the alternate world in a dream (from your original world) & see what happened there. In 1 of 7 possible endings (not including romance epilogues which then default to one of 2 endings), you "return" in your dream.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Let Me Die 16 Jul @ 12:30pm 
Hi. If you're looking for love interest resolutions, this may not be the game for you. They are secondary features to the main plot which is dark. Fascinating, but dark. Hence many of the quotation marks I have included.
It is very hard not to include spoilers, but I have done my best. I suggest you take your chances & read the first spoiler tag I included anyway; it will help you decide.

They have "epilogues" where you can see their adjustment to your world, but that is not the ending. Technically, this game only has 2 "happy" endings, neither of which include a romance.
In 3 endings you "stay" in the world. In the romance "endings" the love interest accompanies you to your world, then you return to the alternate world in a dream (from your original world) & see what happened there. In 1 of 7 possible endings (not including romance epilogues which then default to one of 2 endings), you "return" in your dream.
Last edited by Let Me Die; 16 Jul @ 12:33pm
I see, thanks!
Definitely not the game for me then - good thing I asked before purchasing! Well, I guess I have to give up on this and remove it from my whishlist. It's a shame since I liked the premises and characters, but oh well, not much I can do.
You're welcome. It's a great game, but a trigger is a trigger, & I understand that. Good luck finding something else. :)
Meatball 12 Aug @ 9:44am 
I also have yet to purchase the game and have been reading comments and reviews. This would usually be a game I'd go for, however I was a bit surprised to read this; am I right in thinking that there aren't any (good) romance-centred endings?
@Meatball
Technically yes.
All romance endings are followed by a 'true' ending. If you're only after the fluff it may not be the game for you, but it is worth a try otherwise. There is a good amount of romance in the game even though the game endings are not focused on it.

I personally don't actually like the way the endings work - I WAS looking for fluff - but it is an incredibly involving story (I was VERY happily surprised), & I get around the bad endings by not going to sleep after the boys' epilogues. :D
Last edited by Let Me Die; 12 Aug @ 7:15pm
Meatball 13 Aug @ 8:26am 
Thanks very much for the explanation! I see what you mean about the endings, I was a bit surprised given the main genre and format of the game. I gather that not everyone found the endings satisfying in that regard, and I suspect I’ll be one of them I’m afraid. That doesn’t mean I won’t give it a try in the future, it seems like a real passion project with a lot of fun content.
@Meatball
So sorry for the delay, I don't get online often & I've been ill a few times...
As long as you know not to sleep for the last time (& it's obvious that it will be the last time) then you get a "happily ever after" ending.
The intended endings are dark - & except when you deliberately go to those routes they can be skipped.
To get the "happy" endings you can't have committed to a boy, although you can still romance the boys all the way to their final scenes. (Just pick no...)
Last edited by Let Me Die; 18 Sep @ 6:45am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50