Stellar Settlers

Stellar Settlers

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Troypc  [developer] 1 Nov, 2023 @ 1:08am
General Discussion
Tell us what you feel, your recommendations, ideas, concerns, questions... Everything is fair game. We will be here to answer your questions.

If you would like to have a more detailed discussion or get involved, join our Discord Server.[discord.gg]
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
kantal 2 Dec, 2023 @ 2:38am 
- gameplay, especially harvesting anything is very very very slow
- icons for ingredients are very similar to each other - this is problematic in case of tracking them
- there is no indicator withing the values how many production of them we have
-> materials +1 per/s <10>
- why there is no way to move buildings and tunnels?
- destroy button should have some prevent from destroying condition, now it's so easy to destroy something by mistake that I'm frustrated
- the game looks good, but with its slowliness I can't see how it goes later in the game
- there should be button for speed change x2, x3 is a must, or even x4
Frankity 2 Dec, 2023 @ 10:06am 
Bugs:
  • Some times haulers get stuck in front each other and they don't move or try to avoid that behavior, what about make them not collidables?

Ideas:
  • Add more info to the popup which appear when you hover mine ore objects, like amount of resources.
  • Let us assign miner units to mine sites, in some cases i need a kind of resource but cant move units from the actual target mining site.
  • What if these falling meteors give us rare materials, which we can mine to use?
cori- 2 Dec, 2023 @ 11:11am 
+thanks for adding turkish launguage it suprised me
-haulers are buggin. theyre being stuck too much time i tried demolishin rearranging stuff but didnt help like i built my miner base and storage base too far from everyhting and they still found a way to get stuck
-everything is increasing nothing is decreasing that makes gameplay, you can only decrease something if you built or create something should be decreasing something in background to make game playable this way it is too sandbox
-there should be top limit for miners and haulers or you will see millions of them
-theres rotate but not move on buildings i think it should be added with cost
+people having skills is pretty good
-having people with skills i cant see how the lategame will work
-there should be a way to prevent meteor maybe you can add meteor laser like other games like this it should be not so approachable and should be a late game building
-we need to tell miners where to go not automated
-haulers just getting materaials closest to storage space
-yea haulers are big problem
one 4 Dec, 2023 @ 2:45am 
There is problem with hauler when i create the hauler seems liked they go to anywhere than do objective and some of the hauler just stuck and don't do anything.

Overall this game i give a 7/10 because there is something missing and then the objective need to be clear and hope for the future this game will be smooth nicely with my low expectations for this game. XD

Other than that , This game have many potential such as PvP like do player have objective to fight or even multiplayer with 2 people cooperate for the missions or fighting aliens or defense something like a mini war .

My conclusion for this game hope will be good and i happy and glad with this game because its relaxing and just the my issues for this game its need to be clear and the bug or glitches with hauler , Plus i forgot when put the tunnel for 2nd Floor its hard to attach it .
yak 18 Dec, 2023 @ 3:25pm 
could you please stop the camera from moving, i dont want to play games with a camera moving, its annoying
Troypc  [developer] 20 Dec, 2023 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by yak:
could you please stop the camera from moving, i dont want to play games with a camera moving, its annoying

What do you mean by moving exactly, can you elaborate? Horizontal, vertical or general? We could have an option in settings for the behaviour you ask for.
The first 15 minutes of the game it feel good, with the UI, and smooth beginning.

- I notice some vehicles are stuck once you put pods in their place.
- The UI when you think that it is scrollable but you can't and you have to drag click to scroll instead of using the scroll wheel.
- In placing the pods, I wish the entrance of each pod was highlighted instead of rotating each pod to know when to finally place it.

Overall, the gameplay is smooth and I don't encounter something that can hinder me from progressing my base.
Troypc  [developer] 31 Jan @ 11:26pm 
Originally posted by malvarez6O:
The first 15 minutes of the game it feel good, with the UI, and smooth beginning.

- I notice some vehicles are stuck once you put pods in their place.
- The UI when you think that it is scrollable but you can't and you have to drag click to scroll instead of using the scroll wheel.
- In placing the pods, I wish the entrance of each pod was highlighted instead of rotating each pod to know when to finally place it.

Overall, the gameplay is smooth and I don't encounter something that can hinder me from progressing my base.
Thank you for the feedback, glad you enjoyed, we are working on the issues you pointed out
Nimdhar 6 Feb @ 1:02pm 
Overall I like the concept, the visuals are really nice minimalistic, maybe the recourse icons could be a bit more different, but I like it.

My "problem" is that it feels like an idle game, by time you get everything a lot, without any inpactfull management needed, if you wait like 30 min and build a bunch of storages, you will got tons of everything, some consumption would be nice, like water and "food" / habitat, or maintenance cost for the drills/miners/haulers.

Meteors has little to no threath at all, but a lots of free recourses again

Regarding the bugs:
- the hauler, already was mentioned,
- repair drone laser shoot constant,
- miner just dissapear, once the node is cleared,
- leave from the menu with right click handy, but rotate a building in the same time by
accident a bit annoying.
- the Rocket design "phase" really fun, I spent a good hour to figure out the balanced
trust/weight ratio, just to blew the whole thing up because some connection problems
Either a snaping system would be fun, or a clear indication that the parts are connected
or not. Plus maybe a bigger truster, cuz atm you can carry only a 0.5T extra weight/
truster which is a bit low I think.

Suggestions:
- Some UI tweaks, by time you have too much building for a scroll display. A category
system would be nice
- I would add some extra management needs, as I mentioned the consumptions, or
upkeep cost as your base getting bigger and bigger.
- Drop pods are way too overpowered free stuff, and there is no limit how much you can
have
- More events would be fun like dust / electric stoms,
- More passive "upgrade" research, like miner/hauler range upgrade, harvesting upgrade,
better trade prices,
- More recourses, and factory building for it, like fuel for the vehicles, food for the people,
constructed materials for the rocket/landing pad/launch pad, and the advanced buildings.
Last edited by Nimdhar; 6 Feb @ 1:04pm
Poyra 6 Feb @ 9:40pm 
I couldn't figure out why my rocket exploded; I did everything I was supposed to and minimized the risks, but my rocket amusingly burst. After the rocket explodes, is the reason for the explosion shown in the game? If it is shown, where?
artygame 6 Feb @ 11:35pm 
is there a time control ?
tsergen 7 Feb @ 8:34am 
I understand that this is more like a chill out base building game but some kind of risk/reward is needed anyways to keep player engagement. Maybe an enegry management system is needed so you should think twice before adding more buildings. More npc interaction can be fun, like they can offer tips, timed quests, interact with each other etc. These kind of small additions can make the game more dynamic.

Apart from meteors falling, more threaths would be nice. Research can be something that we see happening rather than just one click resource spending.

Regarding music, I think this game needs some jazz. Also actions are not supported with sound effects. Like when building, researching, etc we need more things that give feedback in visual, sounds etc to increase immersion.
Last edited by tsergen; 7 Feb @ 8:35am
Small overview of the notes I've taken while playing: the miner part is already in another post but I'll keep in in this feedback either way:

1. When an ode is fully produced and uses, the miner bots working on it are gone too, yet in the miner factory, it doesn't get refreshed to place 4 new miners?

Is this normal? Because then those miner factories should rather be demolished and replaces by new factories so new miners can be created, as the 'old' miners dissapear and the factory doesn't reset to create new ones.

2. Also a big overview with all your miners and haulers could be interesting to assign/prioritize the odes to haul/mine, instead of having to click every single one seperately and hoping to remember that you selected enough for a specific material, especially ones you have a lot of them.

3. If possible add a way that we can fasten time, if we want to move faster in the game or pause it, that'd be a nice additon. Sometimes it goes a bit slow now to gain specific objectives.

Overall had lots of fun playing the demo, it has a lot of potential, it's casual yet challenging, great resource management and settlement building mechanics. Great demo and great tutorial to learn how to play the game, which I personally find very important. Thanks!

Good luck with the further development.
Keevis 11 Mar @ 2:22pm 
I started a game earlier today, then had to Save and Quit. After re-opening the game, the Miner Factory was reporting 0/4 Miners and 0/4 Haulers (I believe I built two of each before Exiting) even though I could see the existing Miners and Haulers going about their business. It also allowed me to build 4 more Miners at that Factory, and I think I have 6 running around now, but only the one Miner Factory.

Let me know if there's a better place to report things like this, thanks!
ltolman4 13 Mar @ 6:02pm 
I agree Keevis I am almost thinking it could be a bug. Initially I built like 2 Factories and had 2 of each on each factory = 8 in total but I too noticed on a reload of saved game it said 0/4

Even if you max it out 4/4 once you save and quit it resets to 0/4 thus allowing 'infinite' number of bots roaming lol Which does make it really hard because in theory you can command the bots to prioritize specific resources first so when you have infinite number of bots roaming its so hard to tell them all (10+) to get only materials lol
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50