One Finger Death Punch

One Finger Death Punch

Game Crashing on Launch with Blank Window
Been playing the game again after a long hiatus. Worked fine for a week or two until a couple of days ago.

Whenever I launch it from my library, it opens a blank window and starts playing the main menu music. There is a split-second hiccup from the music, after which the music continues playing, but the window remains blank and unresponsive. I can't even close the window without killing the process in the task manager.

I've tried reinstalling the game, moving it to different drives, enabling various compatibility modes, and launching as admin.

I saw some recent comments with similar symptoms in the pinned technical problem thread, but I couldn't find a dedicated thread, so I figured I'd start one.
Last edited by Xaelroth; 13 Jun @ 2:41am
Originally posted by Silver Dollar Games:
Hi everyone,

I’m thrilled to announce that we have resolved the issue with One Finger Death Punch!

After a lot of hard work and investigation, we discovered that a recent Steam Client update caused the Steamworks SDK in conjunction with the C# wrapper we were using to stop working. This led to the game crashing every time it tried to initialize with Steam. We were shocked as this wrapper is used by hundreds of other games.

The command SteamAPI.Init() in the old Steamworks SDK was unable to connect to Steam's Client due to changes made in the recent update. If we had known about these changes earlier, we could have found the solution much quicker. Unfortunately, we were working in the dark and had to rely on guesswork.

The good news is that we have made the necessary changes, and the game is now working perfectly again! Thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time. Your support means the world to us.

Enjoy playing One Finger Death Punch, and please let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Warm regards,
Jon
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Same problem here, hope anyone knows how to fix this.
I'm having the same problem, though in the pinned post someone said that opening the game from the folder directly works fine, and testing it does, but there's no connection with Steam.
Xaelroth 14 Jun @ 3:22pm 
Yeah, it's the same for me. Launching the game directly using its executable works, but with no connection to Steam. It's better than nothing, but I'd really like to have my achievements.
Having the same issue.
Same here, just bought it yesterday and i really want to play but cant because of this.
Z4ipher 15 Jun @ 9:00am 
I have the same problem. Game window shows up, music plays, but it is only an unresponsive white screen. CPU is used by the game process. Starting it directly from the .exe works (without connection to steam).
DactylicBox 16 Jun @ 1:37pm 
I have the same problem after steam updated to 1718305227
first time i'v launched in years & experiencing this issue...what a shame :(
SinGem 18 Jun @ 10:49pm 
Did the same work around with launching it straight. I tried a bunch of the technical problems on the pinned post but none of them seemed to fix it.
Sl1v01de 19 Jun @ 2:48am 
Same problem here
same problem...
good to know im not the only one! hope this will get fixed asap
dsagent 19 Jun @ 9:18am 
Same issue.
I was SO CLOSE to finishing too.
How do we contact the developers?
Hey guys, I have the same problem. I didn't fix it but was able to start the game directly from its files ; the game launchs, tells you "you're not connected to Steam" but works anyway. The save is working correctly as well.
gelaby 22 Jun @ 4:59pm 
if i launch the game directly from steam it doesn't even open anymore. Just music. Nothing else.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50