Star Trek: Resurgence

Star Trek: Resurgence

View Stats:
FYI - Steam Deck: Runs Poorly
…which is a shame because after a long wait they made a big announcement about coming to Steam and didn’t think to optimise it for the deck. Hopefully they’ll update it but for now it’s got serious (and hilarious) graphical and animation glitches, all while the steam deck cooling fans sound like they’re going to make the deck take flight 🖖🏻
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
TruXurT 9 Jul @ 8:41am 
This game runs hot on PCs as well. My GPU fans go crazy too.
Thor 9 Jul @ 4:55pm 
Change the graphics to medium and it looks/works well.
Murzy 13 Jul @ 1:01pm 
Originally posted by Thor:
Change the graphics to medium and it looks/works well.

Are you talking deck or PC? Because medium on deck for me looks hilariously bad
paulz 20 Jul @ 2:52am 
Yeah, medium settings look terrible...and high really brings down the frame rate. It's really sad because I've played games like Horizon on the deck which looks stunning
It's very badly optimized and will never be a good game for the deck, which is a shame, Hopefully the next season they'll hire a few people that can write code.

(And yeah, I absolutely want a next season!)
Throw away the Deck and just play it on a standalone PC.
Originally posted by Sigma957:

If you're poor and can only afford one, then desktop is the way to go, most of us don't need to choose though. We actually have jobs.
Also, According to steam surveys deck is more powerful than 90% of pc's... also, I can't play my desktop while having a poo or while on holiday.
Last edited by Captain Flappy; 7 Aug @ 3:02pm
Murzy 10 Aug @ 12:26am 
Originally posted by Sigma957:

The whole point of the deck for me was to get away from the desktop when playing simpler ‘controller’ games. A game like this should run smoothly on the deck out of the box
CJM 24 Aug @ 3:38am 
This is what I was looking for. Seen some reviews that compare it to TellTale games, and the price is fitting for that. I generally prefer to play those types of games on the Steam Deck.

I have a MinisForum Neptune HX80G for my desktop. 8-Core/16-Thread Ryzen 7 5800H, 3.2 GHz base clock / 4.4 GHz Boost, RX 6600M (8GB) GPU, 32GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SSD, Windows 11. Rather silent fan, liquid metal cooling. Concept is something between a PlayStation 5 and a Steam Machine.

If a game isn't Steam Deck Verified, then it is not often enjoyable on the desktop. I generally prefer to play 7th Gen games on the Deck, and 8th Gen games on the desktop.

I haven't located a suitable 9th generation system. The AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D is iffy performance wise. Intel's 13th and 14th gen CPUs are d.o.a. I don't know if an adequate 9th gen cpu exists, or if it will ever exist. Moore's Law seems to be dead and buried.

If this game isn't optimized, and runs so poorly, I may just skip it. I've got Elite Force II to catch up on, and Bridge Commander. I could replay Star Trek: Armada a dozen or so more times, the CD Jewel case needs the dust wiped off of it anyway.
paulz 24 Aug @ 3:57am 
I've just finished the game on my steam deck...the performance actually improved...For me it was one location at the start that really hit performance...once past that it was remarkably better
Dave 26 Aug @ 1:38pm 
Originally posted by CJM:
This is what I was looking for. Seen some reviews that compare it to TellTale games, and the price is fitting for that. I generally prefer to play those types of games on the Steam Deck.

I have a MinisForum Neptune HX80G for my desktop. 8-Core/16-Thread Ryzen 7 5800H, 3.2 GHz base clock / 4.4 GHz Boost, RX 6600M (8GB) GPU, 32GB DDR4, 1TB NVMe SSD, Windows 11. Rather silent fan, liquid metal cooling. Concept is something between a PlayStation 5 and a Steam Machine.

If a game isn't Steam Deck Verified, then it is not often enjoyable on the desktop. I generally prefer to play 7th Gen games on the Deck, and 8th Gen games on the desktop.

I haven't located a suitable 9th generation system. The AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D is iffy performance wise. Intel's 13th and 14th gen CPUs are d.o.a. I don't know if an adequate 9th gen cpu exists, or if it will ever exist. Moore's Law seems to be dead and buried.

If this game isn't optimized, and runs so poorly, I may just skip it. I've got Elite Force II to catch up on, and Bridge Commander. I could replay Star Trek: Armada a dozen or so more times, the CD Jewel case needs the dust wiped off of it anyway.

How silly comparing not running properly on a steam deck to a PC. The SD has a FRACTION of the CPU and GPU power of a desktop gaming PC lol.
CJM 26 Aug @ 4:07pm 
Originally posted by Dave:
Originally posted by CJM:
If a game isn't Steam Deck Verified, then it is not often enjoyable on the desktop.

How silly comparing not running properly on a steam deck to a PC. The SD has a FRACTION of the CPU and GPU power of a desktop gaming PC lol.
It is what it is. Steam Deck Verified, isn't.

Steam Deck Verified is, in application, merely MinisForum Neptune HX80G Verified.

Or to put it in other words, the "Minimum Requirements" are deceptive, and useless. I don't go by minimum requirements anymore, I go by "Steam Deck Verified" or not.
C-Dub 31 Aug @ 1:42pm 
Yeah, performance is bad on Deck. The game also syncs your graphics settings through Steam Cloud so you need to change it each time you move device.
Thank you Murzy for creating this thread and the other participants for expounding on the issues. Sadly, this is what I came here looking for having not found a Steam Deck rating on the store page.

I'm tempted to wonder if the people behind this are game logic / script designers with limited coding support.

Optimization is a really important step in making a good game that anyone can play. Mouths that don't look like the characters swallowed a light bulb are good too.
for those with a pc and a steam deck remote play/moonlight is a wonderful option.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50