Cats and Seek: Osaka

Cats and Seek: Osaka

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
UB  [developer] 26 Nov, 2023 @ 8:32pm
Bugs Report
Hey everyone thanks for playing our game :D
if you spot any bugs in the game, just drop them here. I'll do my best to fix them up!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
SuzyQ 1 Dec, 2023 @ 6:38am 
Game crashes on launch on the steam deck. No error message given. It tries to load, I get a black screen, and then back to my library page.
I understand this is a brand new game, and steam even gives it a '?' on compatibility. I would love to be able to play this on the deck along with my several other hidden cats/objects games.

Edit to add: It's using Proton 8.0-4 to play the title. SteamOS Holo v3.5.7, steam version 1701289036
Last edited by SuzyQ; 1 Dec, 2023 @ 7:23am
UB  [developer] 1 Dec, 2023 @ 9:30am 
Originally posted by zyxyellowxyz:
Game crashes on launch on the steam deck. No error message given. It tries to load, I get a black screen, and then back to my library page.
I understand this is a brand new game, and steam even gives it a '?' on compatibility. I would love to be able to play this on the deck along with my several other hidden cats/objects games.

Edit to add: It's using Proton 8.0-4 to play the title. SteamOS Holo v3.5.7, steam version 1701289036

Hi zyxyellowxyz, thanks a bunch for trying out the game on SteamDeck. Sorry if it crashed on you.

It seems the Windows build from the game engine I'm using might not be compatible with SteamDeck. I'll try to see if a Linux build works.

But I don't have a SteamDeck for testing. Would you be willing to help with testing?
SuzyQ 1 Dec, 2023 @ 12:31pm 
Originally posted by UB:

Hi zyxyellowxyz, thanks a bunch for trying out the game on SteamDeck. Sorry if it crashed on you.

It seems the Windows build from the game engine I'm using might not be compatible with SteamDeck. I'll try to see if a Linux build works.

But I don't have a SteamDeck for testing. Would you be willing to help with testing?

Sure! I would love to help out with testing!
loki_silvanesti 1 Dec, 2023 @ 12:48pm 
Hi. the game won't start
[1201/164821.026:ERROR:main_dll_loader_win.cc(121)] Failed to load NW DLL from F:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cats and Seek\nw.dll
Last edited by loki_silvanesti; 1 Dec, 2023 @ 12:51pm
UB  [developer] 1 Dec, 2023 @ 5:09pm 
Originally posted by zyxyellowxyz:
Sure! I would love to help out with testing!
Cool, I'll hit you up once I've got the build.

Originally posted by loki-silvanesti:
Hi. the game won't start
[1201/164821.026:ERROR:main_dll_loader_win.cc(121)] Failed to load NW DLL from F:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cats and Seek\nw.dll
Hey loki-silvanesti, may I know your PC specs?
loki_silvanesti 1 Dec, 2023 @ 11:56pm 
win8; directx10; AMD3,5Ghz; RadeonRX470; ram 16Gb
Last edited by loki_silvanesti; 1 Dec, 2023 @ 11:56pm
UB  [developer] 2 Dec, 2023 @ 4:20am 
win8; directx10; AMD3,5Ghz; RadeonRX470; ram 16Gb

Could you check whether there is a file named nw.dll in F:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Cats and Seek\ ?

like this one : https://pasteboard.co/1JdeAJwk5tqC.png
UB  [developer] 2 Dec, 2023 @ 6:23am 
Check
https://pasteboard.co/sCHyUEs8pseO.png
please check your DM inbox, i sent you some file
loki_silvanesti 2 Dec, 2023 @ 9:55am 
Originally posted by UB:
Check
https://pasteboard.co/sCHyUEs8pseO.png
checked. similar situation
haeҳҳlor 2 Dec, 2023 @ 3:37pm 
Just tried it on the Steam Deck as well with 'GE-Proton8-4' and 'Proton Experimental', unfortunately it crashes just as zyxyellowxyz described.
Last edited by haeҳҳlor; 2 Dec, 2023 @ 3:39pm
UB  [developer] 3 Dec, 2023 @ 12:51am 
Originally posted by haeҳҳlor:
Just tried it on the Steam Deck as well with 'GE-Proton8-4' and 'Proton Experimental', unfortunately it crashes just as zyxyellowxyz described.

Hi, thank you for trying out this game on SteamDeck. It's confirmed that the Windows build from the game engine I'm using is not compatible with SteamDeck.

I'm currently looking into ways to create a Linux build. Thanks to zyxyellowxyz who helped with testing.

Originally posted by UB:
checked. similar situation
Hi Loki, thank you so much for trying the file I sent. So far, I haven't been able to fix this issue. I've tried looking for information on this issue, but I'm stuck, and there's not much info available.

Since I don't have Win8 for testing, I can't confirm if this issue only occurs on your PC or on all Win8 systems. If others are using Win8 to play this game, maybe they could comment here.

Sorry for the inconvenience. For now, I'll raise the minimum requirement to Win10.
RafiSlash21 3 Dec, 2023 @ 4:18am 
not a bug, but can you add a different slider to lower game sound volume(ui sfx and etc)? i noticed it tied to cat volume(cat icon), maybe give both different slider? i make the mistake of setting the cat volume to full thinking it only affect cats meows and such, but then the sound after clicking cats (sounds kinda like "triiinggg") sounded too loud.
RafiSlash21 3 Dec, 2023 @ 4:20am 
Originally posted by RafiSlash21:
not a bug, but can you add a different slider to lower game sound volume(ui sfx and etc)? i noticed it tied to cat volume(cat icon), maybe give both different slider? i make the mistake of setting the cat volume to full thinking it only affect cats meows and such, but then the sound after clicking cats (sounds kinda like "triiinggg") sounded too loud.
oh and when setting cat volume to lowest the cat noise almost unhearable
UB  [developer] 3 Dec, 2023 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by RafiSlash21:

Thank you for your suggestion; I'll try to implement it in the next update.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 26 Nov, 2023 @ 8:32pm