Heat Signature

Heat Signature

View Stats:
Two hours wasted
Why is this game permadeath
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
im so sad
Personal Missions are a GIGANTIC difficulty spike. i can't even imagine beating one. ever
It's a roguelike.
Originally posted by JollyGreenJack:
It's a roguelike.
yeah no dip, lol. none of the other games made by this dev are/will be. just wish i could reload a save
Aoba XXI 18 Jun @ 9:53pm 
just go turn permadeath off if it's not for u. at least u can retry from now on, but sadly not the ones already gone
Last edited by Aoba XXI; 18 Jun @ 9:54pm
Originally posted by Aoba XXI:
just go turn permadeath off if it's not for u. at least u can retry from now on, but sadly not the ones already gone

thats an option?????
Originally posted by Aoba XXI:

Wow, thank you, it is. I had no idea lol. This is very handy. To be honest I made this post when I was very salty, so I don't think I will turn it off just yet, considering the game is balanced around it. and they said they didnt want me too, lol. But thanks for helping me
Well I managed to defeat a Personal Mission. Unfortunately I retired the character right afterwards, even though they probably would have been really fun and cool to keep playing. Another reason I wish this game had a save load system, lol. Well. Live and learn I guess. I just wanted to give one of my characters a happy ending XD but man I really coulda used them in a Stronghold mission...damn... I wasn't thinking clearly. I forgot Stronghold Missions exist
Last edited by jerry gourd; 19 Jun @ 6:18pm
B.Fett 5 Aug @ 12:33am 
Fortunately there is always another character to create and play with. As you progress you will find that some characters have perks and drawbacks which adds to the flavor of the game. It's also nearly certain that you will find the same gear you were using previously, so building characters for a playstyle is very possible.
Originally posted by B.Fett:
Fortunately there is always another character to create and play with. As you progress you will find that some characters have perks and drawbacks which adds to the flavor of the game. It's also nearly certain that you will find the same gear you were using previously, so building characters for a playstyle is very possible.

I was just salty. I have since completed the game. Though to be honest I had no characters die since making this post, haha. Very great game.
Venkai 29 Aug @ 1:20am 
It's a roguelike.
It's not. The permadeath does nothing but set you back to the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ start of the game. The only real progression is you liberating the stations. It's annoying to do 5 missions with one charchter to die to something you thought was previously innoucous. For an example, sometimes I've survived from shooting a gas tank, but my last character? No. Instant death.

Theres a difference between rougelike and RANDOM.
Originally posted by jaid -ngw-:
It's a roguelike.
It's not. The permadeath does nothing but set you back to the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ start of the game. The only real progression is you liberating the stations. It's annoying to do 5 missions with one charchter to die to something you thought was previously innoucous. For an example, sometimes I've survived from shooting a gas tank, but my last character? No. Instant death.

Theres a difference between rougelike and RANDOM.

This is a scrub quote, I am sorry.
B.Fett 2 Sep @ 6:00pm 
Originally posted by jerry gourd:
This is a scrub quote, I am sorry.
Glad you found the description. There are some things that are random, but even those things have descriptions.
I hope you enjoy the game.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50