Meme Mayhem

Meme Mayhem

Why the hell armor doesn't work against thorns?..
It's an instance of damage and it should be cut by the amount of armor you have.
Vulnerability (that adds damage to every instance) works and armor doesn't. What kind of logic is this?..
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
mbomb007 30 Jun @ 5:41pm 
Because the user is hitting the opponent. Armor is for defense from enemy attacks. Thorns aren't an attack.
I'd agree with this logic if we would talk about Dodge. Dodge does actively work against an attack and you can't possiby dodge thorns. But Armor supposed to work against damage. Any damage. At least any physical damage. This is what decades of gaming has taught me. And this is what common sense dictates. So I was very surprised when despite me stacking armor I was still getting full thorn dmg.
Alamand 1 Jul @ 3:28pm 
On one hand, I agree it'd make sense if armor stopped thorns, on the other hand there are already multiple bosses that hard counter thorn builds and I don't know if they really need a nerf.

On the other other hand it would be nice to have a way to counter opponents thorns if you're going for a spam build instead of just being screwed if you randomly run into an opponent with lots of thorns.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50