Star Birds
Coming to all PC-Platforms?
I hope this will get a release so that our birb loving folk can play it on Linux/macOS/Windows.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-6 από 6 σχόλια
So, Windows is definitely going to be supported for obvious reasons. Whether we'll also offer support Linux and OSX we cannot say at this point in time.
+1 for Mac/ipad/iPhone support if possible!
mac+linux or massive unsubscribe and no more calendars bought :D
please give us more than "we cannot say". I get it, as a software engineer who has targeted all the platforms, this isn't easy; but using a sensible build toolchain is probably the easiest part, even if you're using a pre-built engine. this would ensure the only cost to building for macos and linux is just that - the cost of the build or entrance to any app stores you want to use.

if you're using a modern engine, there's really no reason to exclude macos and linux. especially linux. heck, even if you're not, there's literally a dozen indie engines out there that support all 3 platforms, and if you're building from scratch, the build toolchains are *extremely* well-documented these days.

the thing is, this game is being branded and pushed by Kurzgesagt and you're going to have a lot of non-windows users who are their fans wanting this game (as you can already see by the numerous posts asking for mobile builds). you are only going to make _more money_ in the end, if you do the _small effort_ to research and include the other platforms. even if it's "after windows gets done" like a lot of other developers do.
I'm a Windows user (for now at least) so I have no horse in this race, but a PC release really should entail all PC operating systems in 2024, especially given the growing trend of people migrating away from Windows.
Dorfromantik doesn't have a native version, so don't expect Linux or Mac versions for Star Birds too.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-6 από 6 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 9 Ιουν, 14:02
Αναρτήσεις: 6