Ys X: Nordics

Ys X: Nordics

View Stats:
Nox 4 Aug @ 11:55am
With the JP/China version getting pulled from the store due to bugs.
It would appear the game was removed due to major issues with the port. Dose this mean its going to get delayed for US version. I would think the bugs would be the same in this version as well.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
CLE, the Chinese Publisher who retracted their Chinese/Korean port is known for doing 'quick and dirty' ports of average quality at best. In this case, it appears their version was so 'dirty' as it were, that it didn't even meet the minimum standards of acceptability.

NISA, the American Publisher who is publishing the Japanese/English version (i.e. this one), is working with PH3 for the technical side of porting their Falcom games, and PH3 has a proven track record of doing very high quality ports, so there's every reason to expect this one will be good.
Ikagura 4 Aug @ 3:46pm 
Originally posted by Dr. Rudolf von Richten:
CLE, the Chinese Publisher who retracted their Chinese/Korean port is known for doing 'quick and dirty' ports of average quality at best. In this case, it appears their version was so 'dirty' as it were, that it didn't even meet the minimum standards of acceptability.

NISA, the American Publisher who is publishing the Japanese/English version (i.e. this one), is working with PH3 for the technical side of porting their Falcom games, and PH3 has a proven track record of doing very high quality ports, so there's every reason to expect this one will be good.
Don't forget Ys VIII at lanch.
Nox 4 Aug @ 5:11pm 
Originally posted by Ikagura:
Originally posted by Dr. Rudolf von Richten:

Ah thats very true, yeah I remember hearing Ys 8 being awful at lunch though ys 9 was ok from what I remember
Originally posted by Ikagura:

NISA ported Ys VIII themselves, without help from PH3 (or anyone else, AFAIK). When that turned out to be a sub-par product, they decided to ask PH3 for help (or maybe PH3 offered to help themselves), since they had already worked on Falcom games (CS 1 & 2 at least) when XSeed was the localisation company.

Since then PH3 has worked on every Falcom product that NISA put out (on PC, at least) including Ys IX, and they have all been very good on the technical side, so as long as NISA keeps working with PH3, this level of quality can be expected to continue.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50