No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky

View Stats:
If Seans Emoji is Aimed at NMS, Guess Update Name...
My guess for name of the next update is... "Terrestrial"
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
My guess is "Home". A new episode of the autophage storyline
Global saves, cross platform cloud saves. Data miners found evidence of this in the experiment branch.
All Your Saves Belong To US.....
Originally posted by Lindy Bomber:
Global saves, cross platform cloud saves. Data miners found evidence of this in the experiment branch.
This sounds reasonable to me. I would have thought that modders would have already satisfied the itch for players to be able to transfer saves between platforms but maybe HG is in the best position to create a framework people would trust to use.
3rd Rock -- lots more minerals! LOL
Gas Giants....because we all know that would be the easiest since they would end up being eye candy only.
+VLFBERHT+ 14 Jul @ 10:57am 
Originally posted by Mr. Bufferlow:
Gas Giants....because we all know that would be the easiest since they would end up being eye candy only.

If it were "Gas Giants", i think it would be an emoji of clouds.

But since it's an Earth, think it would have more to do with planetary Proc-gen changes, which conversely is the opposite of "easiest" since as with the NEXT and then VISIONS updates, they dramatically changed many players home planet biom's and terrain around bases. So, since player population has grown immensely since then, there would be MANY more effected if they do not find a way to save builds in a way that does not p-off thousands of players...

But maybe as with NEXT and VISIONS, even if a major update does mess-up many builds, maybe they won't mind that much if the changes are dramatically positive ones, like waterfalls rivers and multi-biome planets.

However, that was before the Vulkan API Update and MANY optimizations... so who knows if they could implement proc-gen changes that won't mess with anyone's bases and builds, now.

Too me, showing an Earth emoji says something about possible "global changes" or "terrestrial changes" with flora and terrain-features, a more representative diversity of biomes as what's on Earth?... hence my guess for update name, "Terrestrial" :)

At the Game Awards reveal, he did also mention they have alot more in store for NMS this year and beyond... maybe they found a way to make every planet in NMS like an LNF planet save the MASSIVE size... that change would be astounding, to say the least.
Last edited by +VLFBERHT+; 14 Jul @ 11:13am
1P27 14 Jul @ 2:31pm 
Originally posted by +VLFBERHT+:
My guess for name of the next update is... "Terrestrial"
I agree with your guess
"Terraformation"
"Acclimation"
"Domain(s)"
icepurple 14 Jul @ 11:42pm 
I've been longing for two years, for a planetary overhaul update. As new biome, fauna and flora on planets. New assets for the proc gen to recombine and diversify planets would be great. This surely the most needed update in NMS at this time, period.

I hope the emoji means that. About the name, no clue. But I'd exclude "terraforming" since we already have that in the MT.
Last edited by icepurple; 14 Jul @ 11:48pm
robovader 15 Jul @ 12:02am 
I hope that planets would get more love. Because as things stand today they're just empty canvasses on which people build their abstract art installations to share on social media. That's literally the only reason they even exist today.

That being said, -Global save system is the update.
Last edited by robovader; 15 Jul @ 12:09am
The Borg is coming
I'll guess "Planetside." Anyone realized the time interval between major updates has stretched and each fruited less content? I think it was since 2021. HG does channel significant creative resources to Light No Fire. Both titles are still promising though - if my decade-old PC would be able to load them continuously.
1P27 15 Jul @ 6:07am 
Originally posted by Lord Stormer:
I'll guess "Planetside." Anyone realized the time interval between major updates has stretched and each fruited less content? I think it was since 2021. HG does channel significant creative resources to Light No Fire. Both titles are still promising though - if my decade-old PC would be able to load them continuously.
I just checked the assistant app and dang your right I guess they started focusing on LNF when Origins came out
+VLFBERHT+ 15 Jul @ 11:39pm 
Originally posted by 1P27:
Originally posted by Lord Stormer:
I just checked the assistant app and dang your right I guess they started focusing on LNF when Origins came out

Can't remember which interview it was i read but, Sean said in no uncertain terms, that nothing would be taken away from No Man's Sky continued development, during development of Light No Fire and going forward after LNF release.

However, it all depends on how much more content they're able to technically implement in the current NMS Universe Build... maybe that's why "it appears" as if they are diminishing focus in dev of NMS...

Maybe they have hit a technological wall, where there is a whole lot of ideas for NMS waiting in the wings for the day they decide to change the Universe Build.

Again, i and others have posted an opinion about this... maybe the only way they can jump the technological hurdle and do a Universe Build reset, possibly wiping everything ever built/edited, would be if the changes are SO dramatically fantastic that not a single NMS'er would mind losing there stuff...

But lets hope with the Vulkan core API and some excellent engineering, they can awrite software that allows players to save their builds and reinstall them into the new Universe build (should they desire to do so).
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 13 Jul @ 12:10am