No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky

View Stats:
Goals to keep going in this game
I typically like the beginning of the game where there is an objective to fix your ship, etc. so I start over a lot.. The problem is I don't like redoing the artemis quest.. Is that quest required? I always forget if it is or not.

I guess I need to come up with a list of objectives to keep going because while I do like exploration, I like goals. I also want purposes for my bases, etc.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
florinyoda 13 Jul @ 11:06am 
Required for What? you need it for the automatons but i think thats all
I am not sure you can turn off the relentless reminders or purge it from your log, but you can just ignore the missions...albeit with regular pop ups to start them.

I believe you can turn off the tutorial in the options. I have never done it so not sure how it works.
Asmosis 13 Jul @ 4:20pm 
My last goal was finding a sentinel ship that looked more like a tank than a ship. That kept me going till i got distracted by another game.

And i agree somewhat on redoing main quests, i haven't done automation stuff but just can't quite bring myself to finish the artemis questline for the dozenth time.
Last edited by Asmosis; 13 Jul @ 4:21pm
You can play the expeditions in offline mode. Not sure how fiddly that process is, but it would give you a lot of new content assuming you have not already played them all once.

Since they added the Expedition station in the anomaly I have been betting that they will make a series of expeditions available on a more frequent basis...maybe any and all. I find it hard to believe they are planning another new 30 expeditions over the next five or so years. So the station makes no sense for the programming work unless you start doing reruns of the existing ones.
rovaira2 13 Jul @ 9:00pm 
I started a new game with lower rewards, whatever that option was and no tutorials and lose inventory if death. I'm enjoying that so far. I guess I'll need to work on goals though because after a while all the saves become almost the same except different discoveries along the way, etc.
Permadeath will keep you focused if you haven't already done that.
rovaira2 14 Jul @ 8:21am 
Originally posted by Fishpond Pokey Stick:
Permadeath will keep you focused if you haven't already done that.
I think I briefly did that one. The problem is I usually quit after the 1st galaxy or before getting to the center, so I've only been to the center maybe 2 time or so. I probably should keep going to see if there is a bit more variety, etc.
Asmosis 14 Jul @ 7:26pm 
Originally posted by Mr. Bufferlow:
You can play the expeditions in offline mode. Not sure how fiddly that process is, but it would give you a lot of new content assuming you have not already played them all once.

Since they added the Expedition station in the anomaly I have been betting that they will make a series of expeditions available on a more frequent basis...maybe any and all. I find it hard to believe they are planning another new 30 expeditions over the next five or so years. So the station makes no sense for the programming work unless you start doing reruns of the existing ones.
I think that's the end goal with the anomaly, if/when they stop development on NMS they'll just make all of them available via there.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 13 Jul @ 11:05am