No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky

View Stats:
Just started Adrift Expedition
I had completely forgotten about the expedition until I saw the new emoji tweet. I remember reading somewhere that when you start an expedition your given 3 days to complete even if you start it at the last possible second. Is that true? Just curious before I try my best to fit in as much as possible to get it done.

Thanks for any assistance.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Sky 13 Jul @ 3:15pm 
Don't know, shows one day for me but started weeks go.

Recommend you speedrun it, check what items to bring with you then rush it.

There is a base in the starting system that has resource collectors for some of the minerals you will need, visit it after entering the first space station via the portal.

You can also rapidly reach the last rendezvous if you copy a ship with good hyperjump range from your main save.

You will need nanites to get it, so transfer over some mold or other items that quickly refine into nanites. A ship copy costs over 2k nanites.

You do not need to claim the small rewards, just complete the objective and then you can claim the large ones for each phase to unlock the items.

Before you finish, have the vulture ship active as you will be able to copy it to your main save, over and over. You can scrap its wings for a unique part that allows crafted haulers to hover in place like sentinels.

Godspeed, traveler.
Thanks for all the advice, I greatly appreciate it!
Sky 14 Jul @ 8:55am 
Did you get 3 days, or 21 hours left like the rest of us?

And if youre not done yet, good luck!
only the hours left as far as i can tell but trying my best to make it through!
Sky 14 Jul @ 2:04pm 
Use player bases in each ransevouz via the portal at the stations, can help you find stuff like crashed freighters.

If you get your main ship via the anomaly transfer you can jump directly to each ransevouz.

Good luck, hope you make it.
Exp 13 (Adrift), ends at
GMT: Monday 15 July 2024 13:00:00

But if you don't think you'll be able to finish before then, you can get more time, with a few fairly simple tricks.

Make the computer offline (disconnect the network cable), change the clock in the computer (to last week, for example), then complete your expedition, the computer must remain offline, and the clock must be set incorrectly, until your expedition is completed.

Another option is to change the JSON file for the expedition, and there change its end time (to next year, for example), then you can finish the expedition at a leisurely pace, however, the computer must be offline when you play, but with this action, you avoid the hassle of changing the computer's clock.
Caramirdan 14 Jul @ 10:06pm 
A little less than 8 hours left from the time I'm posting. YouTuber JasonPlays has great speedrunning tips/guides.
smurfy 15 Jul @ 12:05am 
Just extend the deadline and play offline:
Originally posted by smurfy:
For Steam PC users: Go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS\st_[idnumber]\cache
Open SEASON_DATA_CACHE.JSON in Notepad

{"SeasonId":26,"StartTimeUTC":1716987600,"EndTimeUTC":1721048400
Change the end time to something else (e.g. 1731048400 = Nov 8th 2024).
Play with Steam Offline at your leisure with no time pressure.
Sky 15 Jul @ 9:47am 
So what's the verdict, did you make it?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 13 Jul @ 3:02pm