No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky

View Stats:
[Spoiler] The ending making me stoped playing No Man Sky
I love this game and dont get me wrong while reading the title.

But if I got it right: The player is inside a simulation without any explanation of how they entered it, whether there is a way out, or if they are just an asset inside the simulation.

Like it doesn't matter. The reality is present outside the simulation. Nothing will have an impact on reality, and even if the player character dies, it doesn't matter since he was only in a simulation.

After I got through the main story, I kind of lost my interest.

Is it only me, or am I just taking it too seriously?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
netshaman 14 Jul @ 10:11am 
We ACTUALLY live in a simulation ! ^^
Monkshood 14 Jul @ 10:33am 
Wait till you learn about life if this depresses you...

Quote "without any explanation of how they entered it, whether there is a way out, or if they are just an asset inside the simulation"

!00 years after you have shed your mortal coil, nobody will remember you unless you become famous for something (Einstein etc) then it becomes a bit longer...

To me it seemed appropriate that the simulation mirrored life so well, but much like the meaning of life it is left up to the player to interpret...

Sorry to hear about your internet going down, but that too is life.
REALITY? Whassat?
There is an explanation: ATLAS asked its lead designer for permission to scan its mind. Millenia later, as ATLAS contemplates the end of its own existence, it feels lonely and afraid, and recreates the image of its creator, for comfort at the end of its long life. It's an essay on the contrast between infinity possibility and finite existence.

The point of it being a simulation isn't that it's a false reality to escape. The point is that it was a means towards multiplying possible experiences. But existence is still finite.
I've done the story line missions a few times but I have basically ignored them for the last 4000 hours of game time. I think they idea of the story is good, but the implementation is what ruins it. The glitchy quest log changing missions when your right in the middle of one and RNG throwing incomplete bits of lore at you that end up being meaningless.... it could have been a lot better.
If you dig a little deeper into the lore you will find that the player character is base on a scan of the Atlas's creators mind. The player character was created by the Atlas to understand its self and predict its finial moments.
1P27 14 Jul @ 1:11pm 
Originally posted by Feros:
I love this game and dont get me wrong while reading the title.

But if I got it right: The player is inside a simulation without any explanation of how they entered it, whether there is a way out, or if they are just an asset inside the simulation.

Like it doesn't matter. The reality is present outside the simulation. Nothing will have an impact on reality, and even if the player character dies, it doesn't matter since he was only in a simulation.

After I got through the main story, I kind of lost my interest.

Is it only me, or am I just taking it too seriously?
But what you do impacts the simulation
Also yes you are taking this a bit too serious
Atman 14 Jul @ 1:18pm 
Dude, you don't even know how, where and why you got into your current life and you want the exact same thing from the game, lol)) At least the game gives a good reason to think, I was impressed when I first started playing it, the puzzle pieces were coming together.
GenSec39 14 Jul @ 1:20pm 
I'm honestly surprised that somebody played NMS for the story. You have a race of lizard-birds who smoke weed and sell their f#rt in vomit bags, so yeah, I would not take seriously what's going on here.
Una pequeña aclaración, al centro de Euclides, se llega cruzando todas las galaxias, por tanto, solo has salido de Euclides, no has llegado a ningún centro
peon 14 Jul @ 2:02pm 
This is actually how people feel about real life as some of the other people here posted.

Scientist think we may be living in a simulation, but I honestly think its just a byproduct of how reality actually works. It isnt magic, its all driven by probability and chance.

The universe wouldnt exist if it had no way of recognizing itself. If that makes sense.

I say what does it matter, even if we are a simulation, we still love, we still bleed. It really changes nothing in our day to day lives. We are still the universe expressing itself.
1P27 16 Jul @ 8:22am 
Originally posted by peon:
This is actually how people feel about real life as some of the other people here posted.

Scientist think we may be living in a simulation, but I honestly think its just a byproduct of how reality actually works. It isnt magic, its all driven by probability and chance.

The universe wouldnt exist if it had no way of recognizing itself. If that makes sense.

I say what does it matter, even if we are a simulation, we still love, we still bleed. It really changes nothing in our day to day lives. We are still the universe expressing itself.
this is poetry
you stopped playing a fake, simulated game because you found out your character is inside a fake simulation?

Layers upon layers upon layers upon-
dreamrider 16 Jul @ 10:55am 
Have you completed the Atlas / Star Seed thread? You may feel better.

Also, pay attention when you are shutting down Pillars. Read THEIR Archives, there are some good tidbits of explanation there.
Feros 27 Jul @ 4:56am 
Originally posted by dreamrider:
Have you completed the Atlas / Star Seed thread? You may feel better.

Also, pay attention when you are shutting down Pillars. Read THEIR Archives, there are some good tidbits of explanation there.
Can you link the thread for me ?👀
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50