Krita
Windows EXE?
I'm wondering. I run on Fedora, if I download what package type is it? Will it give me a flatpak, or something. Or will it give me an Windows exe that's I'll have to run through proton?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
There is no reason to install open source software outside your package Manger when you can get auto update from your package manager.
Psygo 7 Jul @ 12:29pm 
When I'm using other systems for development (like on Windows) Steam itself makes a great portable package manager.
Originally posted by Psygo:
When I'm using other systems for development (like on Windows) Steam itself makes a great portable package manager.

I don't understand why you want portable pkg, but it's easy to do with normal installer you just chose the non-protected folder.

Any way portable =bad for serious work because you won't add registry, com/dll library which can be handy for file preview and link. Kri file to open in krita.
Psygo 7 Jul @ 12:52pm 
Originally posted by re("(?-i)\bxmaxrayx\b",_str_??0):

I don't understand why you want portable pkg, but it's easy to do with normal installer you just chose the non-protected folder.

Any way portable =bad for serious work because you won't add registry, com/dll library which can be handy for file preview and link. Kri file to open in krita.

None of that is true, but doesn't matter. I have my answer (something you didn't even try to answer). By looking Krita up on SteamDB I can see that it has packages for all three major platforms. The one for Linux btw is AppImage. A portable package type.
Last edited by Psygo; 7 Jul @ 12:53pm
Originally posted by re("(?-i)\bxmaxrayx\b",_str_??0):

None of that is true, but doesn't matter. I have my answer (something you didn't even try to answer). By looking Krita up on SteamDB I can see that it has packages for all three major platforms. The one for Linux btw is AppImage. A portable package type.

Wonder why no one help you but avg Linux user love waste his time sadly, hf with non optimized pkj.

Also, saying portable pkj is superior is ignorant. But stuck with your geniric answer.
Psygo 7 Jul @ 1:23pm 
Not to be rude, but the only one that's wasted my time here was you. I asked a question and your immediate response was to tell me to go do something else unrelated to what I wrote.

I also never said that it being portable made it superior. In fact my comment was on Steam itself, not program types. that was all you.
Lol someone help this old man, maybe Google yourself if you you think other people waste your time, and yeah sorry not try to be rude 👉👈,

Also Maybe ask steam support them since they have 30% cut.
Psygo 7 Jul @ 2:02pm 
I did search for it myself and found the answer. i already told you that. And what does Steam have to does with anything I asked. They don't make this program.
Last edited by Psygo; 7 Jul @ 2:03pm
Lol steamfanbonisim at finest, so hard too see what you get, poor steam :( but **** epic so evil company.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50