Ark of Charon

Ark of Charon

How work the hand drill machine
I dont understand how work the drill hand machine. I drop this props a front of ore but nothing happen ?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
it's not meant for ore you can mine yourself, but to mine some 'background' node, i've only found rock node though.
once it's setup your worker should come and mine it with the drill.
It's 2x3 which should at same ground with the ore vein
sunsoft-*****  [developer] 12 Jun @ 9:59pm 
Hello!
As the users above have said, it is for use with a vein of some ore, like vein of stone, or vein of iron. Ore veins sparkle in the ground before you dig it up, same sparkle effect as the lost Relics you can sometimes find underground. Once you dig and expose it, it looks like a stone in the background.
If it's exposed, you can place the 2x3 hand drill in front of it and the workers should come and mine it, as players above have said.
Please update if you still have trouble.
Originally posted by sunsoft-*****:
Hello!
As the users above have said, it is for use with a vein of some ore, like vein of stone, or vein of iron. Ore veins sparkle in the ground before you dig it up, same sparkle effect as the lost Relics you can sometimes find underground. Once you dig and expose it, it looks like a stone in the background.
If it's exposed, you can place the 2x3 hand drill in front of it and the workers should come and mine it, as players above have said.

Why do I have to come to the discussion forums to learn this info why is it not included somewhere in the game?
sunsoft-*****  [developer] 11 Jul @ 1:54am 
Originally posted by Krakenstein:
Originally posted by sunsoft-*****:
Hello!

Why do I have to come to the discussion forums to learn this info why is it not included somewhere in the game?
Apologies for the late response on this. I apologize for the trouble this caused you. We have added a video tutorial to the Early Access launch version that shows when you first unlock the Drill. However, we still had a question regarding how to do this, so we will think more on how to explain this better.
gabgab01 11 Jul @ 5:06am 
Originally posted by Krakenstein:
in the devs defense, that info is actually included in the game in multiple points:

- in the item description / tooltip for the hand drill itself
- in the item description / tooltip of an ore vein, when you uncover it

sure, it isn't exactly clear that there is a difference between ore and ore vein, but that's mostly due to some translation issue.
imo the veins should be called "nodes" instead. makes it much clearer that special thingies are meant, and not the normal blocks

for some reason i never had any issues regarding any of the game's mechanic, and i'm playing it blind and tutorial disabled. lots of stuff you just have to experiment tho
Last edited by gabgab01; 11 Jul @ 5:07am
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50