Ark of Charon

Ark of Charon

BUG: Odd side effect building pillars on a "destroyed" area *potential spoilers*
This contains potential spoilers for a later game enemy as a warning for anyone that reads further.

In order to jenga rooms together as well as have some outside space near the bottom of my buildings for bypass weapons I created a raised area with pillars. The front had the tower/silo style rooms to work as defenses. This had not caused any issues as enemies attacks always came from the front.

This change on the last boss with its laser piercing attack. The attack caught me off guard and caused almost my entire base to collapse when it shot a single pierce attack at the bottom (shattered pillars). Some buildings collapsed but I noticed if I queded up a pillar build order even if the pillar did not get built the buildings "floated" without crumbling.

In short in progress pillars will keep buildings from collapsing even if they are never built. Since there was no time to rebuild base given I was on last day this effectively saved the run against an enemy that completely catches you off guard at the end.

If more enemies are added that have this capability the purpose of pillars might need to be looked at as anything that is not a room gets one shot.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
sunsoft-*****  [developer] 11 Jul @ 2:27am 
Originally posted by Thisisntfrostingonmywaffle:
This contains potential spoilers for a later game enemy as a warning for anyone that reads further.

In order to jenga rooms together as well as have some outside space near the bottom of my buildings for bypass weapons I created a raised area with pillars. The front had the tower/silo style rooms to work as defenses. This had not caused any issues as enemies attacks always came from the front.

This change on the last boss with its laser piercing attack. The attack caught me off guard and caused almost my entire base to collapse when it shot a single pierce attack at the bottom (shattered pillars). Some buildings collapsed but I noticed if I queded up a pillar build order even if the pillar did not get built the buildings "floated" without crumbling.

In short in progress pillars will keep buildings from collapsing even if they are never built. Since there was no time to rebuild base given I was on last day this effectively saved the run against an enemy that completely catches you off guard at the end.

If more enemies are added that have this capability the purpose of pillars might need to be looked at as anything that is not a room gets one shot.
Hello, thank you for playing our game, and thank you for pointing this out.
This does sound like a bug...I will check with the dev team.
Regarding the boss in question, we are hearing some feedback that it is unexpected in a way that is not fair. We will be discussing this as well. Thank you again.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50