Ark of Charon

Ark of Charon

[BUG] turrets aim AFTER shooting
after a lot of observation on how my 7 ballistas and 2 cannons behave, i have come to the following conclusion:
the script for the turrets seem to be handled in such a way that the turrets shoot, then they aim themselves, then the cooldown delay happens.

you can easily see that by building a cannon at roughly ground level and then spawning a wave. the first shot will always go directly straight, even if the enemy is overhead.

also, the ballistas and cannons (not sure if every turret is like that, but those two seem to be) aim / move just after a shot, instead of just before.
this adds to the feeling of all the guns being extremely inaccurate for no reason, since they aim at where the enemy was 7 seconds ago.

that's not much of an issue with stationary enemies, which is probably why it hasn't come up in testing, but it's still a bit annoying to basically waste your first shots aiming at the ground

btw, same issue was also in the demo :D
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
sunsoft-*****  [developer] 22 Jul @ 9:36pm 
Originally posted by gabgab01:
after a lot of observation on how my 7 ballistas and 2 cannons behave, i have come to the following conclusion:
the script for the turrets seem to be handled in such a way that the turrets shoot, then they aim themselves, then the cooldown delay happens.

you can easily see that by building a cannon at roughly ground level and then spawning a wave. the first shot will always go directly straight, even if the enemy is overhead.

also, the ballistas and cannons (not sure if every turret is like that, but those two seem to be) aim / move just after a shot, instead of just before.
this adds to the feeling of all the guns being extremely inaccurate for no reason, since they aim at where the enemy was 7 seconds ago.

that's not much of an issue with stationary enemies, which is probably why it hasn't come up in testing, but it's still a bit annoying to basically waste your first shots aiming at the ground

btw, same issue was also in the demo :D
Hello, apologies for the late response.
Thank you for pointing this out. We will look into this.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50