ZERO PROTOCOL

ZERO PROTOCOL

View Stats:
i'm apparently too dumb to understand how to progress
i have no idea how the game is supposed to progress after gaining access to the doctor's office after using his poster code

i managed to figure out the storage code from the restroom mirror , and from there opening the general ward, which obviously gets me killed.

i also opened the admin's office from the bloody code, but the thing is when i enter, or even try and use the computer etc, a madwoman suddenly appears and attacks me, i can't find any way to open security or the general office to open the door with the dead panel, i only opened the security by finding the code in a playthrough video of an earlier version, but even then i still don't understand how they found the code for that, and even after using the gun to kill the general ward enemies, if i go back to the admin office and try and use the computer again a madwoman still appears to kill me
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
LK4D4  [developer] 19 Jun @ 12:14am 
Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about how to simplify the puzzles to keep them interesting.
But you have to keep in mind that the game is more of a puzzle than a shooter, so the emphasis is on the puzzles.
All hints can be found either in the notes or in the terminals. In the doctor's office there is a terminal with the code for the toilet, and in the toilet there is a key card with which you can open the door of the checkpoint.
To prevent enemies from attacking you unexpectedly, I recommend closing the doors behind you.
Originally posted by LK4D4:
Thanks for the feedback, I'll think about how to simplify the puzzles to keep them interesting.
But you have to keep in mind that the game is more of a puzzle than a shooter, so the emphasis is on the puzzles.
All hints can be found either in the notes or in the terminals. In the doctor's office there is a terminal with the code for the toilet, and in the toilet there is a key card with which you can open the door of the checkpoint.
To prevent enemies from attacking you unexpectedly, I recommend closing the doors behind you.
If its a puzzler instead of a shooter, why do I have to empty an entire magazine to kill someone. Its ridiculous.

The core game is great! but your enemies are tanks and I dont see any way to heal. hopefully, you figure out a way to make the enemies not murder you nearly immediately everytime.

otherwise, i love it. very system shock meets The Thing.
Last edited by rufus_mcgayhee; 21 Jun @ 5:27am
Originally posted by LK4D4:
I think an easy fix would be to add some kind of knockback to the enemies when they are hit. Right now they just walk up on you and seem unfazed by anything you do.
LK4D4  [developer] 21 Jun @ 10:55am 
But enemies do back up a bit when they take damage. But apparently that is not enough.
I continue to work in this direction.
szederpg 29 Jun @ 9:56am 
If emphasis is more on puzzles than action then please allow us to search every square inch of the place....in other words iti is too dark and your insanity meter goes down too fast. If this is to be a puzzlle adventure game...just give us the opportunity to look around properly.
LK4D4  [developer] 29 Jun @ 11:29am 
Originally posted by szederpg:
If emphasis is more on puzzles than action then please allow us to search every square inch of the place....in other words iti is too dark and your insanity meter goes down too fast. If this is to be a puzzlle adventure game...just give us the opportunity to look around properly.
The level is full of batteries for a flashlight, and towards the end you will be able to turn on the light.
Also, in the full version of the game, there will be both illuminated levels and levels where it is dark in some rooms.
Originally posted by Blood Prince:
dead panel, i only opened the security by finding the code in a playthrough video of an earlier version, but even then i still don't understand how they found the code for that, and even after using the gun to kill the general ward enemies, if i go back to the admin office and try and use the computer again a madwoman still appears to kill me

If i recall correct room you can see the code trough the window from another room this oversees. As for the mad woman - you just close the door, access the console, and the open the door and either club her to death, or run out to have more space for kiting and club her to death.

In general, you can just club singular enemies to death, most of the time you don't even need to kite them all that much or at all. And then you have all the ammo and some to unload on groups.
Mene 24 Sep @ 5:34pm 
The enemies are irritating as they are now. Way too fast, unplayable (not enjoyable) when you don't have a weapon and when you have is like throwing toothpicks at them. For the rest the game looks crazy good all around. That's the only negative point i see but it is very important for me, a deal breaker.
Last edited by Mene; 24 Sep @ 5:35pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50