ZERO PROTOCOL

ZERO PROTOCOL

View Stats:
No sound in demo
Trying out the game. No sound, no music. Got to the part where you puck up the gun in the security room. Haven't heard a single peep of music or sfx. Nothing.

Everything else seems to work and the atmosphere is creepy. Reminds me of the Penumbra video games.

The first number puzzle with the upside calendar could've been telegraphed better, but I'm an old gamer and I figured out quickly what was expected of me.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
LK4D4  [developer] 24 Jun @ 2:50pm 
Hi, thanks for the feedback. There are sounds in the demo, and I have not received any information about sound problems before. I will try to understand the reason and fix it!
I had brave browser turned on and listening to youtube videos. So my audio was fine. Then I paused the video and increased my volume on my physical device. Afterwards I tried to turn the game on and off and I checked the options SFX volume. It was at 75% and I turned it to 100%.

I played the game until I got to the first enemy. I was in Wayne room? Unsure. The two personal rooms after the first checkpoint. The second time blood numbers appear on the wall. My screen flashed red a few times, I knew I was under attack, but I had no idea from which direction and I died before firing a shot. Saw the female shaped sprite before dying.
LK4D4  [developer] 24 Jun @ 4:28pm 
Make sure the nwjs sounds are not turned off in the Windows volume mixer.
Right click on the speaker at the right hand side of the task bar, select Volume Mixer (game must be running).
https://i.ibb.co/Xb2n6SG/sm1.png
So I tried your method. Installed the game again. Was able to continue last save, just before encountering the first enemy. No sound again. Checked options, SFX at 100%, my physical speakers at max volume, volume mixer, two aplications nwjs and zero protocol, both with the green zero icon...

Ok, this got a bit weird. As I'm writing this I somehow have sound in the game. Namely, what happened was, I was writing how I had two aplications in the sound mixer and I went to start the program again to check myself and to check if the sound mixer apps had the correct lettering, since the image sent to me had only one application nwjs and not the zero protocol one.

In conclusion, started the game tree times, first two times, had zero sound, third time had only one app in volume mixer called nwjs and I had main menu music, walking sound, shooting, reloading, empty gun clicks, ambient sound... The only difference was that I had the volume mixer window open when I started the game. That can't be it.

Fourth time I started the game, had the sound. Fifth time I started the game, I had the sound, checked volume mixer, both apps present.

Unsure what caused sound to come back or go missing.
LK4D4  [developer] 25 Jun @ 6:14am 
Thanks. I will keep in mind that other players may have a similar situation. I will try to find the source of the issue.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50