ZERO PROTOCOL

ZERO PROTOCOL

View Stats:
LK4D4  [developer] 15 Apr @ 8:05am
Demo Version Discussion
An early demo version is available for download!
Share your feedback and bugs found in this topic.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 67 comments
Rojok 15 Apr @ 12:47pm 
Had a great time, about 21 minutes after restarting when I got stuck on the notepad.
The only issues I had were the bullets seeming a bit slow and not realizing the hydrogen peroxide being an item you could take.
Great demo! Really like the photo system and the look of the game, big wishlisted
LK4D4  [developer] 17 Apr @ 2:15am 
Originally posted by Rojok:
Thanks for the feedback! Now it also seems to me that the bullets are too slow )

Originally posted by MarkedMarkyMark:
Thanks!
Zixinus 17 Apr @ 12:33pm 
I got stuck.

When I need to unlock the PIN pad, there is a shadow person that instantly kills me before I can get close. I have tried shooting at it but it doesn't work. What am I supposed to do? I am at about 67% sanity.
Zixinus 17 Apr @ 12:42pm 
Okay, I got past that somehow (took pills? waited it out? Not sure what I did).

I appreciate the ending of the demo.
Zer00 17 Apr @ 3:13pm 
The demo was interesting and fun, overall. Runs well on Linux via Proton (though a native version/official support would be nice, would buy it at launch if it had that). Couple of small things I have for feedback:

- Make it clearer that the shadows are instant death before they appear or give a bit more warning. First time I died was because I was just sprinting and it spawned in front of me.
- Sprint time feels a little too low, especially given the backtracking.
- The poster code needs to have its arrows a little clearer on the poster. It wasn't obvious that they were arrows and, combined with that it was the only 4-digit code in the demo, made me take longer to figure out than should have been necessary.
- The sanity/mental stuff should be set up beforehand in an email/note if its erosion/lowered amount reveals clues/solutions to puzzles and clues. Why should a quick player be punished by not seeing the code until they run around aimlessly/turn off their flashlight until they can see things?

But, yeah, interesting, overall. I'm looking forward to the full release.
LK4D4  [developer] 17 Apr @ 3:49pm 
Originally posted by Zer00:
Thanks for the feedback!
Shadows should not kill immediately, the amount of damage they do depends on the level of sanity. In general, the idea of sanity is not well developed, and work on balance is needed.
As for the sprint, I was hoping that players would use boosters, but as the playtests showed, players prefer to keep them safe until the end of the game.
LK4D4  [developer] 17 Apr @ 3:50pm 
Originally posted by Zixinus:
Okay, I got past that somehow (took pills? waited it out? Not sure what I did).
Shadows don't appear for long, and you just have to dodge them.
SABE 20 Apr @ 4:22am 
After waking up I don't know what to do, I got out of the room, looked everywhere, but all the doors are locked.
Last edited by SABE; 20 Apr @ 4:22am
LK4D4  [developer] 20 Apr @ 4:39am 
Originally posted by SABE:
After waking up I don't know what to do, I got out of the room, looked everywhere, but all the doors are locked.
Hi! First you need to take a flashlight. A red arrow on the floor points at him.
Lucky 20 Apr @ 5:16am 
Yeah I can't get out the room lol

Edit: Overthought it, but I admit that the arrangement mixed me up.
Last edited by Lucky; 20 Apr @ 5:26am
SABE 20 Apr @ 5:18am 
Originally posted by LK4D4:
Hi! First you need to take a flashlight. A red arrow on the floor points at him.
Yep I got that too. No idea where to go or what to do next.
LK4D4  [developer] 20 Apr @ 6:36am 
Originally posted by SABE:
Yep I got that too. No idea where to go or what to do next.
Well, there's a note from the doctor, in which he writes: "You all know the password to the door, but if you have suddenly forgotten it, the clue is in my office."
There is an upside down poster on the wall of the doctor's office. The poster shows the password to his door 1002
nullarmo 20 Apr @ 6:52am 
The enemies somehow managed to push me out of bounds.
It occurred when I melee'd one of them while I was in a corner.
LK4D4  [developer] 20 Apr @ 6:57am 
Originally posted by nullarmo:
The enemies somehow managed to push me out of bounds.
It occurred when I melee'd one of them while I was in a corner.
Understood, it will be fixed!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 67 comments
Per page: 1530 50