Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina

Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina

How to play on Windows 11 - Community Patch/Remaster
Introduction

In my case, the normal Steam installation just crashes on start on Windows 11. None of the solutions in different threads worked in my case. After a long time of digging, I've finally found a way to play this game.

Russians managed to create a community remaster that fixes bugs, adds support for modern screen resolutions (up to 4K), updates models and textures, improves shaders, and uses a remastered soundtrack created by the author of the original one. Sadly it only supports game version with Russian voices and English subtitles.

If you rather want a more vanilla experience you can use a community patch instead of remaster (installation process is almost the same). But I personally recommend using a remaster.

How to install

1. Create a dedicated directory for the game. Eg. c:/HTA

2. Create a subdir in that directory. Eg. c:/HTA/Game

3. You need to download a specific version of the game - Hard Truck Apocalypse RUS depot. To do this open steam console (you can do this by opening this link in your web browser: steam://nav/console) and execute the command:
download_depot 285500 285502 5047382601243189850
and wait until steam client downloads the game. After the download is done, Steam will show you where the files were downloaded.

4. Copy game files to the created subdirectory eg. c:/HTA/Game

5. You need to download and install the community remaster (or community patch) by following these instructions[github.com]. Just remember to unpack commod-X.X.X.exe to a created directory eg. c:/HTA. You also need to specify game files by hand to subdirectory eg. c:/HTA/Game, do not use mod-manager built-in steam integration ⚠️

6. Play the game using hta.exe in game files (you can create a shortcut if you want).
Last edited by Piotrasss; 20 Apr @ 11:11am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
I think I like the original too but sounds interesting :exevil::EXparking: ofc expanded soundtrack is great too
I get this in the console?

] download_depot 285500 285502 5047382601243189850
Downloading depot 285502 (560 MB) ...
CAPIJobRequestUserStats - Server response failed 2
Seel 14 Jun @ 1:59am 
My dude, instead of manually downloading specific depot you can just switch game version from the Properties of the game in you library, every copy of the game includes all three official translations, so this specific installation instructions are overcomplicating the process a bit
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50