Content Warning

Content Warning

This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
mister gacor 19 Apr @ 9:15pm
Game freezes a bit after stop recording (FIX)
There are two ways that can fix this.
This happens because whenever you press stop recording a chunk of your recording session is generated in the Temp folder, and whenever this happen windows security do a quick scan on that folder, and that cause this freezing problem when you press stop recording.

First one is the simple way, just go to windows defender > virus & threat protection > virus & protection settings > TURN OFF real-time protection.
And don't forget to TURN IT BACK ON after you finish playing the game.

the second way doesn't require you to turn off real-time protection and it is about putting game files in exception.

1. Go to windows defender > virus & threat protection > virus & protection settings > scroll down until you find Exclusion > add or remove exclusion.

2. Go to steam > right click on content warning > manage > browse local files > copy the file directory by clicking on the top bar of file directory and you will get something like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Content Warning

3. Go back to windows security > add an exclusion > folder > and paste the directory on the top bar just like how you copy it > press enter on keyboard > and click Select Folder.

4. Open Content Warning and try recording and stop, if it is still freezing press F3 while you are in game and a windows explorer will pop out.

5. Copy the directory of the file but with one step back on the folder, if you are correct you will get something like this
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\rec

6. Go to windows defender and add an exclusion > folder.
paste it like step 3 and Select Folder.

7. And you are done, enjoy the game (hopefully)

Worked for me and go test it out.

If the bug still exist maybe just wait for the team to fix it.
Last edited by mister gacor; 19 Apr @ 11:17pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Botten Hanna  [developer] 20 Apr @ 9:23pm 
Thank you for writing this guide, I’m pinning it so more people can see it :)
og enzo 21 Apr @ 4:44am 
ok mocne
:steammocking:
Ventrai 22 Apr @ 8:59am 
Did steps 1-4 and it worked perfectly. Tyvm <3
david-buen 23 Apr @ 7:44am 
doesent work with mine hope they just fix it
Originally posted by Botten Hanna:
Thank you for writing this guide, I’m pinning it so more people can see it :)
You're welcome :D
Originally posted by david-buen:
doesent work with mine hope they just fix it
did you follow the steps correctly? and may i know your pc specs?
DeathMoon 25 Apr @ 12:07am 
um...
Caduu 28 Apr @ 2:39pm 
tanks like :steamhappy:
JAKISTYP 29 Apr @ 7:19am 
i did every step correct and it still doesnt work
cool
Username 30 Apr @ 3:09pm 
Я взял в руки бомбу, когда меня взорвало у игры умерли сервера. Реалистичность на максимуме.
Originally posted by mister gacor:
There are two ways that can fix this.
This happens because whenever you press stop recording a chunk of your recording session is generated in the Temp folder, and whenever this happen windows security do a quick scan on that folder, and that cause this freezing problem when you press stop recording.

First one is the simple way, just go to windows defender > virus & threat protection > virus & protection settings > TURN OFF real-time protection.
And don't forget to TURN IT BACK ON after you finish playing the game.

the second way doesn't require you to turn off real-time protection and it is about putting game files in exception.

1. Go to windows defender > virus & threat protection > virus & protection settings > scroll down until you find Exclusion > add or remove exclusion.

2. Go to steam > right click on content warning > manage > browse local files > copy the file directory by clicking on the top bar of file directory and you will get something like this
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Content Warning

3. Go back to windows security > add an exclusion > folder > and paste the directory on the top bar just like how you copy it > press enter on keyboard > and click Select Folder.

4. Open Content Warning and try recording and stop, if it is still freezing press F3 while you are in game and a windows explorer will pop out.

5. Copy the directory of the file but with one step back on the folder, if you are correct you will get something like this
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\rec

6. Go to windows defender and add an exclusion > folder.
paste it like step 3 and Select Folder.

7. And you are done, enjoy the game (hopefully)

Worked for me and go test it out.

If the bug still exist maybe just wait for the team to fix it.
Cheejyg 4 May @ 7:29am 
THANK YOU, the issue is finally fixed for me. Added the exclusion and now my recording doesn't pause for like 5s after stopping the recording. Cheers~
UWU 112 4 May @ 10:57am 
Has to be another reason for the same bug. I added inbound rules, outbound rules as well as exclusions + I have no additional anti virus software. Additionally I also tried turning of my firewalls and everything in windows defender.

C:\Uses\hjalm\AppData\Local\Temp\Rec
(Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB)

E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Content Warning
(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB)

i7-7700k 4.20GHz
32gb ram 30.2 usable
64-bit Windows
1070 GPU

910+ Mbps
Idle latency 5, Download latency 18, Upload latency 93 (<-- could it be this?)

Can provide any other information if needed. However I assume I'll just have to wait for a patch sadly.
Demo 4 May @ 12:32pm 
Thanks! Couldnt even think that windows defender can be that slow
< >
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
Per page: 1530 50