Leap Year

Leap Year

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Daniel  [developer] 30 Jun @ 3:43am
Localization Feedback
If you notice any translation mistakes or have any questions about the localization, please let me know here
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Xabi 20 Jul @ 7:36pm 
Hi, Daniel.
I found a couple of things in the Spanish translation that could be a little better.

- "New game" is translated as "Juego nuevo" which means quite literaly "New game", but meaning a game that has just come out or that someone just bought. The right term for this context, and the one that videogames have mostly used in their spanish translation for decades, would be "Nueva partida"

- In the options menu "Sound" is translated as "Sonidos", which means "Sounds" in plural. "Sonido" or "Efectos de sonido" (literally "Sound effects") is more commonly used in this context.

- "Grid" is translated as "Grilla", which is the femenine form of "Grillo" and means "Cricket". The right word would be "Cuadrícula".

- The word "Screenshake" isn't translated at all. The translation for it would be "Vibración de pantalla".

- "Controller vibration" is translated as "Función de vibración", meaning "Vibration function". The appropriate translation would be "Vibración del mando".

- This one is a nitpick but "February 2024" appears translated as "Febrero 2024" which is perfectly understandable by anyone who may read it, but in spanish we would say "Febrero de 2024" instead.

- On the credits there's a few rough translations. I would use "Ilustración de la portada" instead of "arte de la portada" and "Hecho con" instead of "Fue hecho usando".

Also, february and march aren't translated on the calendar at the end of the game, though that's not a big issue.
Thanks for taking localization feedback. Loved the game.
Last edited by Xabi; 21 Jul @ 4:14am
Daniel  [developer] 22 Jul @ 5:51pm 
Thanks for the feedback! I'll discuss these suggestions with the translator and make any changes in the next update.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50