Daniel  [developer] 30 Jun @ 3:47am
Bug Reports
Let me know if you encounter any bugs, crashes, performance issues, etc

If you haven't beaten the game yet, please watch out for spoilers here
Last edited by Daniel; 30 Jun @ 3:49am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
ltdk 30 Jun @ 4:23pm 
This is a weird one but I have been playing via Proton on Linux, and I just get occasional points where the game "lags" in the sense that it completely refuses to accept any input for a few moments, then either catches up by replaying those inputs or just drops them, and I can't tell which ahead of time.

I've played plenty of Game Maker games before with this setup and this is the first game I've encountered that does this. But also, it makes absolutely no sense to me, and I don't know how you'd go about fixing it. Not sure if you have a Steam Deck or any Linux setup to test this on, but maybe there might be others who encounter this playing on Windows directly.
Daniel  [developer] 30 Jun @ 4:36pm 
Originally posted by ltdk:
This is a weird one but I have been playing via Proton on Linux, and I just get occasional points where the game "lags" in the sense that it completely refuses to accept any input for a few moments, then either catches up by replaying those inputs or just drops them, and I can't tell which ahead of time.

I've played plenty of Game Maker games before with this setup and this is the first game I've encountered that does this. But also, it makes absolutely no sense to me, and I don't know how you'd go about fixing it. Not sure if you have a Steam Deck or any Linux setup to test this on, but maybe there might be others who encounter this playing on Windows directly.

Very strange! Can I ask how often it happens, and how long the lag lasts each time? Does it seem to match up with something like dying or changing rooms?
Not sure if this counts as a bug, but I don't know where else to put this. The game is lagging SO much. Task manager confirms my RAM and CPU are doing fine, so the problem isn't there, and my computer can run Valhalla just fine so it's not an issue of hardware. None of the settings seemed to change anything. Any idea what I should do?
Daniel  [developer] 5 Jul @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by aplombity:
Not sure if this counts as a bug, but I don't know where else to put this. The game is lagging SO much. Task manager confirms my RAM and CPU are doing fine, so the problem isn't there, and my computer can run Valhalla just fine so it's not an issue of hardware. None of the settings seemed to change anything. Any idea what I should do?
Sorry to hear that. Is it consistent or does it come in large spikes like the previous post? Does it seem to get worse at certain times? I can't reproduce the issue yet so any information to help pin it down is really appreciated!
I beat the game and didn't get any achievements. I definitely didn't do it efficiently, so wasn't expecting any speed achievements, but I should have gotten at least the one for the first 28 pages and the one for page 29...
Daniel  [developer] 10 Jul @ 1:02am 
Originally posted by eytanzweig:
I beat the game and didn't get any achievements. I definitely didn't do it efficiently, so wasn't expecting any speed achievements, but I should have gotten at least the one for the first 28 pages and the one for page 29...
I'm not sure what happened there. Assuming you were getting other achievements earlier on, your internet connection or the Steam servers might have been having trouble at the time.
I haven't gotten any achievements from Leap Year, but since all but the ones for the 28+1 days and speed achievements are hidden I don't know if i should have.

I have gotten achievements from other games in the same time.

It doesn't really matter to me - I'm not an achievement hunter - but I thought it would be good to let you know.
Daniel  [developer] 10 Jul @ 4:25pm 
Originally posted by eytanzweig:
I haven't gotten any achievements from Leap Year, but since all but the ones for the 28+1 days and speed achievements are hidden I don't know if i should have.

I have gotten achievements from other games in the same time.

It doesn't really matter to me - I'm not an achievement hunter - but I thought it would be good to let you know.
Oh, my bad. Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it!
lkrb 10 Jul @ 9:54pm 
I can't get any achievements after beating the game twice either. Glad to know devs are looking into it. By the way, the game is great!
Daniel  [developer] 15 Jul @ 2:14am 
Originally posted by lkrb:
I can't get any achievements after beating the game twice either. Glad to know devs are looking into it. By the way, the game is great!
Is your Steam overlay disabled? If it is, could you see if enabling it fixes the issue? I'll look into patching in a more reliable fix.
The recent update fixed the achievements for me, thank you!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50