Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark

w13d0w 15 Jun @ 12:38pm
No blood?
Another thing I'm concerned about apart from the horrible character design is theres no blood visible during the shootout. I hope this isnt final. Perfect Dark was one of the goriest games out there at the time, its kinda part of its dna.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
When I think N64 gore I think Turok not PD.
w13d0w 16 Jun @ 5:28am 
Sure turok 2 is more over the top violent but the "realistic" way perfect dark did it, the way enemies reacted to being shot, the death animations and the way blood was used made the feel of that game imo.
Last edited by w13d0w; 16 Jun @ 5:29am
i agree, Perfect Dark had added blood effects on an n64 fps instead of his predecessor Goldeneye and if this reboot of Perfect Dark don't include blood or injuries that's too bad
Last edited by Vykk Draygo; 17 Jun @ 5:41am
yeah i do love the hit reactions and death animations i been playing PD Recompiled on PC its so cool!
Yes what made PD unique should be there. PD is forever, hey.
Imagine the blasphemy if we cannot disarm the guards by shooting their guns. Even Red Steel on Wii, a launch day game had a possibility like that.
I prefer it this way.
R4Z0R 2 Jul @ 1:47pm 
Bump
Mightylink 2 Jul @ 3:15pm 
Bring back Paint Ball mode from the N64!
Ikagura 2 Jul @ 4:29pm 
Originally posted by ★Brosef:
When I think N64 gore I think Turok not PD.
Yet PD also had blood puddles, one does not prevent the other.
PD has a very interesting display of violence, like people holding their arm or legs after being shot.
How naive I was to think every game afterward will feature that lol
Ikagura 3 Jul @ 4:20am 
Originally posted by al64inthedark:
PD has a very interesting display of violence, like people holding their arm or legs after being shot.
How naive I was to think every game afterward will feature that lol
Maybe from a game design perspective it would make the game easier to make an ennemy flinch before going for the headshot?
It was well balanced for that, the enemy did hurt bad and there was no way to heal yourself.
Yeah this changed with the health regeneration system.
I've never seen another game have infinite bullet hole life and blood that stays on clothing with realistic wounds. Imagine the original but with super graphics. That's all we wanted. Something in that vein but we'd pretty much need the original team to work on it.

Curious to see what the Gamecube sequel would have been like.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50